Thread: pregnant........

pregnant........

Is there anyone here who been experiencing travelling by air while pregnant? how many months allowed to? don't they ask you for any further explanation or whatever?I am 3mos pregnant right now, i have to submit my application soon nxt week. If i was granted to have the visa i could say that I am about 7mos by then if exactly 3mos processing....don't u think its still okay to travel around that time? plssssssss enlighten me...we badly need to be there in uk before i give birth...

I think the airline allowed pregnant woman to travel until 30 weeks of pregnancy... with consent of their resident doctor....
    Matt & Trina Leach

Quote Originally Posted by trina View Post
    I think the airline allowed pregnant woman to travel until 30 weeks of pregnancy... with consent of their resident doctor....
    Very true although benb and someone else spoke of different stages being acceptable.

I think someone posted on one of benb's threads that his wife was 8 months and still allowed to travel although she had to have a medical at the airport.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Very true although benb and someone else spoke of different stages being acceptable.

I think someone posted on one of benb's threads that his wife was 8 months and still allowed to travel although she had to have a medical at the airport.
    Its 35 weeks (~7.5 months) for most airlines. 32 weeks if expecting twins. Anything more and you would need a doctor's letter or the airline will refer you to the doctor at the airport for clearance. It is to state that it is unlikely that you would go into labour during the flight given the due date.

My wife is just over 4 months and waiting for a spouse visa which she applied on 19th May 2008.

Best Wishes

Better check with the airline first, I remember phoning Emirates and asked about my flying at around 5months, they said it was ok then. At my stopover at Dubai, the ground steward asked for a medical certificate, I explained that I dont need one, she didnt allow me to board the plane but I reasoned out that Im fit to fly and that I phoned Emirates about it. I asked to see their manager and after explaining to him that I dont need a letter from a doctor he just asked me to walk and see if Im alright and fit...then he said I can board the plane.

Make sure you bring a medical certificate that you are fit to fly at so and so weeks of pregnancy. In the plane the stewardess will ask you again if they can see a medical certificate.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldine View Post
    Better check with the airline first, I remember phoning Emirates and asked about my flying at around 5months, they said it was ok then. At my stopover at Dubai, the ground steward asked for a medical certificate, I explained that I dont need one, she didnt allow me to board the plane but I reasoned out that Im fit to fly and that I phoned Emirates about it. I asked to see their manager and after explaining to him that I dont need a letter from a doctor he just asked me to walk and see if Im alright and fit...then he said I can board the plane.

Make sure you bring a medical certificate that you are fit to fly at so and so weeks of pregnancy. In the plane the stewardess will ask you again if they can see a medical certificate.

Hope that helps.
    Very good points!!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

all i can say is to ask phone the airline first,but im sure they still allow you to travel..even 8 months pregnant if i remember..., and make sure youve got a consent from youre doctor (if u are fit enough to travel)..
    good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    Is there anyone here who been experiencing travelling by air while pregnant? how many months allowed to? don't they ask you for any further explanation or whatever?I am 3mos pregnant right now, i have to submit my application soon nxt week. If i was granted to have the visa i could say that I am about 7mos by then if exactly 3mos processing....don't u think its still okay to travel around that time? plssssssss enlighten me...we badly need to be there in uk before i give birth...
    My sister in law is back to Gambia this month and she's 7 months pregnant. I'm not sure if its the same rules in other Airlines. Hope they will let you flight. All the best.

I usggest singaporeair, its one of the best and most comfortable airline. Read this on expecting mothers:
    http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ds.jsp#Header4

It can be pricey if you book at the last minute. You could opt for a flexi ticket now, and change the date later if needed.

"It is important that you inform your doctor of your proposed flight plan and obtain medical guidance before making a reservation. For uncomplicated single pregnancies, SIA restricts expectant mothers from travelling beyond the 35th week of pregnancy. For uncomplicated multiple pregnancies, SIA restricts expectant mothers from travelling beyond the 32nd week of pregnancy.

Hence, you should obtain a medical certificate of fitness for travel issued by your attending gynaecologist, stating the number of weeks of pregnancy and Estimated Date of Delivery. The medical certificate must be forwarded to our office when making a reservation. If the booking & departure dates are more than one month apart, a new certificate should be issued (by your attending gynaecologist) not more than 3 days before departure. This certificate will have to be presented at check-in when requested. Please contact your local SIA office for more information."

from website KLM

Can I travel on a KLM flight during my pregnancy?

Travel is possible during pregnancy
    In general, there should be no objection to traveling by air during pregnancy. Nevertheless, it would be a good idea to consult your physician, midwife or obstetrician first.

During the last 4 weeks of your pregnancy, when you are 36 weeks pregnant, you should not embark on a flight. If you are expecting more than one baby, you should avoid flights once you are 34 weeks pregnant. It is also recommended that you consult your physician before reserving a flight if you have been confronted with any complications during your pregnancy.

Should you or your physician have any doubts, your physician can always consult a physician associated with the KLM Travel Clinic.

Thread Information