PDA

View Full Version : 3 men killed in Cebu shootout

Win2Win
2nd November 2008, 20:40
CEBU CITY, Philippines--Three armed men were killed in a shootout with police elements here at a checkpoint along M.J. Cuenco Avenue in Cebu City late Sunday afternoon. The three men were killed after...

More... (http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?rid=19184336cat=0267775d6f1c3971)

KeithD
2nd November 2008, 20:47
Was it the Moss Side part of Cebu? :Erm: :rolleyes:

keithAngel
3rd November 2008, 01:21
the big news links never work here in cebu cant even find it on an advanced search???

David House
3rd November 2008, 02:13
Cebu News For firing at checkpoint: Cops shoot 3 suspects dead
Updated November 03, 2008 12:00 AM

CEBU – Task Group Motorcycle of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) killed three suspected robbers yesterday afternoon after the men refused to stop at a checkpoint along M. J. Cuenco Ave.

The three men were on board a motorcycle when policemen conducting the checkpoint signaled for them to stop due to a couple of violations like not wearing helmets and overloading.

The men did not heed the instruction and instead went ahead while one of the two men, who were riding behind the driver, reportedly pulled out a gun from his waist and fired at the policemen.

The policemen led by Sr. Supt. Pablo Labra II, fired back.

The police are yet to establish the identities of the three fatalities despite the identification that were recovered from them.

A temporary driver’s license, an identification card, three pieces of 2x2 ID pictures and a syringe that is believed to be used for drugs were found at the compartment under the seat of the motorcycle.

The Scene of Crime operatives are still studying the IDs if they belong to any of those killed or were owned by their victims.

Two revolvers were also found in the possession of the dead suspects.

They also recovered 18 empty shell and two deformed slugs.

Policemen also noted that the three men bore tattoos on their arms.

Sr. Inspector David Seņor, chief of the Waterfront Police Station, strongly believes that the three men were robbers as the area where they were shot at is a known hot spot for robbery incidents.

Police took three men to the Cebu City Medical Center but were all declared dead on arrival. — Niņa Chrismae G. Sumacot/NLQ (THE FREEMAN

keithAngel
3rd November 2008, 02:40
Thanks David I was down that road yesterday ,didnt see anything though, I wonder if that means that area will become safe now as if I was a robber I thing I would give it a miss and look for somewhere new:rolleyes:

Does the link work for you David?

KeithD
3rd November 2008, 10:08
the big news links never work here in cebu cant even find it on an advanced search???
Put the links through this proxy site http://www.zend2.com/

The problem with Big News is they update the page they had the original article on with another story rather than listing the archive pages via RSS :doh

David House
3rd November 2008, 11:11
Thanks David I was down that road yesterday ,didnt see anything though, I wonder if that means that area will become safe now as if I was a robber I thing I would give it a miss and look for somewhere new:rolleyes:

Does the link work for you David?

Not for me either!

Alan
3rd November 2008, 11:18
I work on that road!!!! :yikes::cwm24::Help1:

Al.:)