PDA

View Full Version : advise in compiling my docs for spousal visa

haiku
22nd November 2008, 19:04
I'm now compiling my documents for the spousal visa. I think I have everything I need based on the checklist. With regards to the letters and cards, I'm concerned. Do i still need to include the ones i've already sent? Personally, I think I don't as it's in the UK with my husband. And some of the receipts for my posts had been lost. Do I have to ask hubby to send me scanned images of the letters and cards I sent him?

Please advice if I'll have to provide evidence of our communication from BOTH parties, ORcan i just (1) print and submit print screen images of chat (printing the whole chat will take rims of A4 sheets, and is VERY impractical and unnecessary), (2) print some emails from my inbox and outbox (to show both parties), (3) submit some of hubby's letters and cards from post. Another concern, is it OK to submit prepaid phone cards in ringbind to prove that I also call/text my husband at my expense?

I've read somewhere that using clearbooks/folders are unnecessary when i submit my application and documents as they have their own envelope in VFS. Is this true? If so, I guess I'll have to go over my supporting docs and leave some behind.

i'm planning to simply have the pictures burned in CDs to save space too. But how about the wedding pix? Should I still bring the wedding album? Again, space is my concern.

I'd really appreciate all the information you guys can give me.

singkit
22nd November 2008, 19:34
Hi, Haiku,

Based on my experience, (almost 2yrs ago), I included letters my hubby sent me. The mail envelope shows stamps from UK and I made sure they had my hubby's address too. But if there's none on yours, maybe the letters inside will be fine because we normally write our names on the signature each time we end the letter. I also photocopied our emails which shows the logo of the yahoo/hotmail websites. I think photos burned in CDs are not preferred, (photo album?:Erm:...how big and bulky is it?), I think the hard copies of some of your wedding photos are just fine because that's what I did in the past. And they approved my application. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Besides, these are not just the bases of approving a visa application, e.g. finances.:rolleyes:

empott
22nd November 2008, 21:40
I'm just wondering too if can we just scan the photos, re-size and print them on A4 sheets? It's not bulky that way. Is this acceptable, guys? :confused:

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 23:18
I'm now compiling my documents for the spousal visa. I think I have everything I need based on the checklist. With regards to the letters and cards, I'm concerned. Do i still need to include the ones i've already sent? Personally, I think I don't as it's in the UK with my husband.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ALL YOUR LETTERS INCLUDING THE ENVELOPES USED, FROM YOUR PARTNER, IT IS THEN COMPLETE... DO NOT WAIT TILL ALL YOUR LETTERS BE SENT TO YOU COZ THEY MIGHT JUST GO ASTRAY... YAHOOCHATS/ TRANSCRIPTS ARE ACCEPTABLE TOO...

And some of the receipts for my posts had been lost. Do I have to ask hubby to send me scanned images of the letters and cards I sent him?

IF THOSE ARE READILY AVAILABLE THEN GO AHEAD...

Please advice if I'll have to provide evidence of our communication from BOTH parties, ORcan i just (1) print and submit print screen images of chat (printing the whole chat will take rims of A4 sheets, and is VERY impractical and unnecessary), (2) print some emails from my inbox and outbox (to show both parties), (3) submit some of hubby's letters and cards from post.

SAME AS ABOVE

Another concern, is it OK to submit prepaid phone cards in ringbind to prove that I also call/text my husband at my expense?

YEP, WE PERSONALLY DID THIS ALSO

I've read somewhere that using clearbooks/folders are unnecessary when i submit my application and documents as they have their own envelope in VFS. Is this true? If so, I guess I'll have to go over my supporting docs and leave some behind.

YEP VERY TRUE, THEY WILL RETURN ALL THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO YOU BUT THE RING BINDER/FOLDERS WILL NOT BE RETURNED HEHEHE.. THINK THEY STEAL THE FOLDERS OR SELL THEM!!! SO JUST PUT THEM IN AN ORDINARY FOLDER, CLEARLY LABELED... RING BINDERS WITH PALSTIC WALLETS WILL BE UNNECESSARY

i'm planning to simply have the pictures burned in CDs to save space too. But how about the wedding pix? Should I still bring the wedding album? Again, space is my concern.

HEHE NOT SURE ABOUT BURNING OF THE CDS HEHE... JUST PRINT 5 PICTURES WHERE YOU BOTH WENT & MAYBE 5 PIX OF THE WEDDING TOO... THESE ARE INPORTANT BUT NOT ALL PIXES SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THEM...

I'd really appreciate all the information you guys can give me.

NO PROBLEMAO, GLAD TO BE OF SERVICE

The most important things:
the payment hehe
correct application papers
pertinent & legal documents - bank statements, marriage cert and the likes...

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 23:23
I'm just wondering too if can we just scan the photos, re-size and print them on A4 sheets? It's not bulky that way. Is this acceptable, guys? :confused:

5 ORIG PICTURES WILL BE FINE... THEN THE REST YOU CAN SCAN THEM IF YOU WANT BUT THIS IS UNNECESSARY

empott
23rd November 2008, 04:33
Thanks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

haiku
23rd November 2008, 04:48
Thanks. Then I have another concern, finances. Based on my hubby's bank statement, he has around 3k in GBP. Will that be enough proof of support. Hubby has been through a rough year in the past, not to mention the frequent trips to here, so he was only able to stabilize his finances now. But his payslip will provide that he"s earning around 1,500 monthly.
This will be enough right?

And as for providing college diplomas, will this pose possible question from the ECOs? Like the main purpose for joining hubby is to work and not to be together? Been married for almost 3 years now, and due to important family occassions and finances, are we only able to apply now.

Yeah, you guys may say I have a lot of worries. Sorry. Just want everything right so I can be with hubby next year.

haiku
23rd November 2008, 09:53
One more, is it fine to tick YES in 6.8.13 of the application, "Do you intend to work in the UK?" I'm an auditor , so can i include that in the details, about passing the CPA board? THose who've already received their spouse visa, what did you do?

Again, thanks in advance.

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 12:29
Thanks. Then I have another concern, finances. Based on my hubby's bank statement, he has around 3k in GBP. Will that be enough proof of support. Hubby has been through a rough year in the past, not to mention the frequent trips to here, so he was only able to stabilize his finances now. But his payslip will provide that he"s earning around 1,500 monthly.
This will be enough right?

yep, that will be enough! the ECO people are just after the overdrafts and so so so so negative balances... but £1500/mo is sufficient for you to be able to stay with him

And as for providing college diplomas, will this pose possible question from the ECOs?

When I applied, I provided all my school credentials so they know that you are also capable, skilled & educated... that also will be your edge towards finding a job in the future

Like the main purpose for joining hubby is to work and not to be together? Been married for almost 3 years now, and due to important family occassions and finances, are we only able to apply now.

relax ka lang po, hehe everything in your relationship is genuine so nothing to worry about... then if you will be interviewed regardng this... just tell them, because my hubby wants me to be with him when finances are stabled and positive... he doesnt want me to be suffering when i get in he UK (yep, fair enough) but i doubt you will be interviewed...

Yeah, you guys may say I have a lot of worries. Sorry. Just want everything right so I can be with hubby next year.

I pray all your worries will just fly away... hehe... nothing to worry about! God is in control hehe...

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 12:34
One more, is it fine to tick YES in 6.8.13 of the application, "Do you intend to work in the UK?" I'm an auditor , so can i include that in the details, about passing the CPA board? THose who've already received their spouse visa, what did you do?

what, i did, I ticked yes then explained = in the future when I am allowed to... But this can be very tricky... Especially for fiancee visa (mine was)... but maybe better ask our Mods what they think about that?

hehe, i flunked CPA board :cwm3:lol... hehe, but i'm working as an Accounts Assistant which is very good hehehe... Congrats po!

Mrs.JMajor
23rd November 2008, 12:49

I hope my lovey dovey would be fine sharing my answer on that question ....YES !! ONCE SETTLE I WILL SEEK EMPLOYMENT,TO HELP BUILD SECURE FUTURE FOR OUR FAMILY

tricky..yes in a way,cause if not your answer is the other way they might think "what the bloody hell shes gonna do here " :D might think about recourse to public funds

Best of luck to your application :Hellooo:

haiku
23rd November 2008, 13:02
Wow...that's great.

Then I guess I am on the right track! Thanks again everyone!

IainBusby
23rd November 2008, 17:29

If you come to the UK on a spousal visa, you are allowed to work in the UK from the day you arrive whereas a fiancee is not allowed to work and can only work once she is married and has been granted FLR. So you can tick yes to this question if you wish, but many think it's best to tick yes and then write "When I am legally entitled to do so" or something similar next to that question.
Iain.

vbkelly
23rd November 2008, 17:34

just tick yes if you wanted to work