PDA

View Full Version : Visayan Translation help please

jk09
14th February 2009, 18:50
Hello, I know it's a bit long, but can some kind soul please translate this for me? I would really appreciate the help.

Removed for security reasons.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR KINDNESS

aromulus
14th February 2009, 19:34
Ok ladies, I have a fair idea of this due to Jet's translation to me, unfortunately it's so interesting that doesn't make much sense......:D

There is a lovely big "rep" point for whoever gets it done the quickest.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hurry up because Jackson is waiting with bated breath and chewing at his fingernails.:omg:

Thanks

And no cheating..........

joebloggs
14th February 2009, 19:37
the girl is struggling money wise, because she is paying interest on someone else's loan, she's going to be homeless, no money or work, and she's blames scott

and hopefully next year she will be ok, when she goes back to japan

now where me rep point :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ann07
14th February 2009, 19:42
the girl is struggling money wise, because she is paying interest on someone else's loan, she's going to be homeless, no money or work, and she's blames scott

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

aromulus
14th February 2009, 19:42

I knew all that, thanks a lot, I did say "Ladies"...... Didn't I...???:Erm:

I can't rep anyway coz the boss might take exception to that.......:D

joebloggs
14th February 2009, 19:47
I knew all that, thanks a lot, I did say "Ladies"...... Didn't I...???:Erm:

i was wearing my misses floral dress at the time so does that count :Erm:

i've been learning tag and visayan for years, and the misses don't know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol:

aromulus
14th February 2009, 19:52

You big bakla.......:omg:

kimmi
14th February 2009, 19:58

i've been learning tag and visayan for years, and the misses don't know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ur too fast, Joe..:icon_lol::icon_lol::doh

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Big Bakla who knows how to speak Visaya..:xxgrinning--00xx3::doh:Rasp:

Ann07
14th February 2009, 19:59
Its really long I manage to do few lines:icon_lol:

Ann07
14th February 2009, 20:14
Teresa never pays me back and the money she borrowed to Apple i gave it back to Apple. I even paid the interest of 4 lapad ( japanese :icon_lol:). And she never pays me because I wasnt there anymore. I dont know now. That is one of the reason of our break up with scott i always blame him, If i didnt come to america this year I could have ask terese for the money she borrowed me. She only managed to gave me 6 lapad before I left. There could have been 20 lapad that appled borrowed but i gave it back to her:doh Then i am the one who paid the interest.

How much did you send when you went home? Its terrible janette i dont have money now plus i dont have an apartment here. I will be homeless, I really want to go back to japan. Its really difficult because I dont have a degree in america. I am like a poo:doh you knew it there that i never went to college. I really dont know what to do now. You just have to wait for me settle here as of now I have a job with a descent wage. You just have work hard there where you stay. Maybe next year teresa can pay me coz I will be going to japan.

Thats the first half:Erm::cwm23:

aromulus
14th February 2009, 20:26
So far so good........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Any more, anybody...???:Erm:

Ann07
14th February 2009, 20:28
Continuation..........

Honestly,the money for the house downpayment i will have to borrow that to Noemi. You know that when i was in japan money is not a problem. I cant longer bare scotts attitude. I am shy to tell but i cant help it now, feel so sorry for myself here.En-an gives me allowance coz i dont have any for now, maybe I wil be ok next year i can borrow to Noemi coz i can pay her back because i have a work. And maybe I will be going back to japan coz Charlene will be opening a club this december. Please help yourselves there at the moment. I ask you understand me coz i dont have any now. I cannot send money coz teresa never pay me back. And I dont have a place to stay here. That's my biggest problem. This all scotts fault, he forced me to go here. You dont know my situation here.

Hope i give justice to this translation:NoNo: Th

aromulus
14th February 2009, 20:32
Continuation..........
Hope i give justice to this translation:NoNo: Th

That's what I got from Jet, earlier on, but I wasn't too confident in writing it.

To cut a long story short.......Walay kwartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks Ann07.

Ann07
14th February 2009, 20:36
That's what I got from Jet, earlier on, but I wasn't too confident in writing it.

Thanks Ann07.

I do it phrase by phrase Dom. To give justice in each words:Erm: Thats bisdak, Isnt it Jet?:icon_lol:

Yehey...where is my rep point:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Finally I can get my bath now:doh:doh:doh

aromulus
14th February 2009, 20:39
Thats bisdak, Isnt it Jet?:icon_lol:

Korrek ka dyann........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jk09
14th February 2009, 21:16
thank you so much

aromulus
14th February 2009, 21:49
thank you so much

Walay problema, oi.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Rob & Anne
15th February 2009, 00:26
2009------ a 1 lapad being equivalent to P3,500 (in philippine peso) so a 20 lapad is about P70,000...

Rob & Anne
15th February 2009, 00:31
people in the philippines termed japanese yen as "lapad"

keithAngel
15th February 2009, 01:26
2009------ a 1
lapad being equivalent to P3,500 (in
philippine peso) so a 20
lapad is about P70,000...

Slight alternative view here Angie says 1
Lapad is 10000 yen at current exchange 5300 last month x 20 =106,000
piso

I will also get Angie to go over it in fine detail later with me as an
exercise in translation

LadyJ
15th February 2009, 02:50

Well done Joe!:xxgrinning--00xx3: but you cheated!:D

:icon_lol: I guess she doesnt know you're wearing her clothes too?:Erm:

To cut a long story short.......Walay kwartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks Ann07.

Korrek ka dyann........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Walay problema, oi.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh Dom you are funny:icon_lol:

keithAngel
15th February 2009, 02:52
Hello, I know it's a bit long, but can some kind soul please translate this for me? I would really appreciate the help.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR KINDNESS

c teresa wala jud mobayad unya ang kuwarta nga kadtong iyang giutang ni Apple ako gibalik ni Apple.

"Teresa didn't really pay me back and then I gave back to Apple the money she(Teresa) owed her (Apple)."

Ako pa nakabayad sa tubo nga Upat ka lapad. wala pa gali sad ko Bayari sa iya utang sad nako. unsaon wala naman ko didto gud.

"I was even the one who paid for the interest which is 40,000 Yen. She has not even paid me the money she borrowed from me. How is it possible for her to pay me when I am no longer there?"

ambot lang ani oi.

"I don't know what is going to happen with this."

Usa gali na amo buwagan ni Scott kay ako cya gibasol mau, kay wala pa ko moari sa america karong tuiga ato man ta to masingil si teresa.

"That is one of the reasons I broke up with Scott, I put the blame on him because if I had not come here this year, we could have asked Teresa to pay us back."

pila ra man to gihatag ni Teresa pag dayon uli nimo nga 6 ka lapad ra man to.

"She (Teresa) has only given you 60,000 Yen just before you went home."

Naa ta to 20ka lapad kadtong giutang ni Apple unya ako man gibalik ni Apple, unya ako pa lge bayad sa tubo nga 4kalapad.

"I was supposed to have 200,000 Yen from Apple but I returned it to her and even paid for the interest of 40,000 Yen."

Pila gali to imo gidala pag uli nimo diha?

"How much was it (the amount of money that Janette brought home)again?

paeta jud ani Janette wala na ko kuwarta, unya wala pa ko appartment diri.

"I am in difficulty because of this and I don't have money anymore and I don't even have an apartment here."

Ma homeless naman cguro ko ani.

"I might end up becoming homeless because of this."

Kabalikon na gali ko sa Japan.

"I really feel like going back to Japan."

Paet kau wala kay degree sa america, mura ka og tae!

"It's really difficult not having a degree here in the US, you are treated like sh***t!"

kabalo biya mo wala jud ko ka college diha. paet kau ko!

"You know that I didn't go to college when I was there (Philippines), I am really in difficulty."

Wala na ko kabalo unsa ako buhaton ani.

"I don't know what to do with my situation now."

Paabot lang mo mahimutang ko kay sa pagkakaron naa naman
ko trabaho nga medyo ok ang sweldo.

"Just wait until I get settled because at the moment, I have a job that pays fairly well."

paningkamot sa mo diha asa mo puyo, kay next year puhon masingil to nako c Teresa kay balik ko ani Japan cguro.

"Just do your best to find somewhere to stay at the moment because next year, hopefully, I will be able to get my money back from Teresa because I might go back to Japan."

Kanang i down sa balay sa tinood lang utangon man na nako ni Noemi unta.

"The money for the downpayment of the house, honestly, I am still supposed to borrow from Noemi.

Kabalo jud ka sa didto pa ko sa Japan dili ta prob sa money mau.

"You know very well that money was not a problem when I was in Japan."

Unsaon man gud dili na nako makaya batasan ni Scott, paet kau oi.

"It is because I could no longer stand Scott's attitude, life is full of difficulties (this is what she is implying since she keeps repeating the word "paet".)"

Mauwaw man ko mosulti unta pero dili na nako makaya, looy kau ko diri, si En-en gali hatag nako allowance kay wala pa lage ko ron.

"I am ashamed to say this but I couldn't bear it anymore, I am so pitiful here, En-en is even the one giving me an allowance because I really don't have anything at the moment."

Para lang naa ko gasolina tagaan tawon ko ni En-en, pero basin ok na ko next year, pwede na ko mangutang ni Noemi kay naa naman unya ko ikabayad kay naa naman ko work, unya basin balik ko Japan kay c Charlene mag abli og club karong Dec.

"En-en would give me money just so I can buy gasoline but I might be ok next year, I can then borrow money from Noemi as I will have the means of paying her then because I have a job now, and then I might go back to Japan as Charlene is opening a club this December."

palihog lang hinay2x sa mo kamang inyo diha.

"Please do your best to support yourselves there."

ako na sad sabta ninyo kay wala jud ko ron.

"It's your turn now to have to understand me because I really don't have anything at the moment."

wala ko mapadala money nimo nag imo sweldo kay wala man bayad Tresa unya alangan ako motapal nga wala man sad ko.

"I have nothing to send you and with regards to your salary, Teresa has not paid and you can't expect me to pay you on her behalf as I don't have any money either."

Wala man sad gali ko ka puy-an diri. mao na ako daku problema.

"I also don't have a place to stay here, that's my big problem."

Kang Scott jud ni tanang sala kay cya man namugos moanhi ko. Wala man gud mo kabalo ako sitwasyon diri.

"This is all Scott's fault as he is the one who insisted on me coming here. You just don't know my situation here."

It appears this was written last year and that the Lady was/is in USA at that time

This took about 1 hour and we batted it around a bit to make it a fair translation in English rather than a literal word for word which would often loose the meaning then

If anyone needs translations at this level Angie is available please pm or give an e-mail address and we can discuss rates she is also teaching Cebuano on line and pleasingly busy and in demand these days:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
15th February 2009, 09:13
It appears this was written last year and that the Lady was/is in USA at that time

This took about 1 hour and we batted it around a bit to make it a fair translation in English rather than a literal word for word which would often loose the meaning then

If anyone needs translations at this level Angie is available please pm or give an e-mail address and we can discuss rates she is also teaching Cebuano on line and pleasingly busy and in demand these days:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Splendid piece of work, I am really impressed.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know where to go if I need something done in future.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
15th February 2009, 13:02
Can anybody answer this?

Why is Visayan so difficult to translate when French, Spanish and German, for example, are 'morceaux de gateau.'

Al.:)

Alan
15th February 2009, 13:03
...............also, when and why do filipinos put English words into their sentences?

Alan
15th February 2009, 13:05
.................also, why do they call them 'apartments' when they are all stuck together?

gracia143
15th February 2009, 13:54
by the way, any idea how much 20 lapad is? she is in japan.

1 lapad is equivalent to 10,000 yen

20 lapad = 200,000 yen :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
15th February 2009, 14:00
karon pa ko mata is 'Just woken'

unsaon na lng nmo jcoy is ' what are you going to do with jcoy?'

Hope this helps!

keithAngel
16th February 2009, 00:19
thanks again. i think i may contact Angie sometime. But while I've got you, can
you help with these two last phrases?

karon pa ko mata
saon na lang nimo jcoy

i've found the words in dictionarys (except saon and jcoy)
but cant work out the meaning

happy valentines!

"I woke up just now"

"What am I going to do with you, Jcoy(name)" from an angry or frustrated place (lit trns "How are you going to live your life" or" how are you going to do things" when you are so .....(implied) lazy, stubborn , incompetent etc)this is a Cebuano expression

saon is from unsaon meaning "how"

Can anybody answer this?

Why is Visayan so difficult to translate when French, Spanish and German, for example, are 'morceaux de gateau.'

Because sentence structure is VERY important and if you get it wrong or read it wrong the meaning may well change dramaticaly Cebuano has no "be" verbs the meaning is infered from the order of words

"Ang akong mama maestra" ( literal translation " the my mother teacher"

my mother is a teacher

"mama ang akong maesta" (lit trn "mother the my teacher"

"my teacher is a mother":xxgrinning--00xx3: Einfache!!!

"

jk09
16th February 2009, 02:24
oops. thanks a million

keithAngel
17th February 2009, 02:50
...............also, when and why do filipinos put English words into their sentences?

Its the same deal as us Brits Al,

We also use such words as Cul-de-sac, Hors d'oeuvres and of course English is a Pot Pourri of Latin Saxon Celtic etc

Both Tagalog and Visayan readily incorperate words from Spanish and English and Visayan from Tagalog because of exposure on TV etc

Also as "English" is the language of instruction theoreticaly in the schools and youngesters are exposed to so much western media. Many words never existed in Visayan or Tagolog and are adopted and become part of the lingua franca :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Your most Welcome Jackson:)

Alan
20th February 2009, 00:12
I Many words never existed in Visayan or Tagolog and are adopted and become part of the lingua franca
[/I]

Ah! I thought as much! Ta, Keith.