PDA

View Full Version : Most burgled post-codes..........

Tawi2
14th August 2009, 13:16
Surrey got a mention which surprised me till I realised it was Croydon :NoNo:
Most burgled postcodes revealed

Burglary rates increased by 1% in the year to April
Homeowners in parts of Nottingham and London are among the UK's most likely to file burglary claims, a study says.

Five of the top 20 postcode areas where people have made home insurance claims for burglary in the past five years are in London, says Moneysupermarket.

Four were in Nottingham. These included NG5 - Arnold - which was identified as the worst-hit area through analysis of 2.6m claims by the comparison website.

Parts of Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, and Roundhay in Leeds also proved hotspots.

Areas of Leicester, Sheffield, Croydon in Surrey, and Hove in Sussex, also made it into the top 10 districts in which burglaries were most likely to occur.

BURGLARY HOTSPOTS
NG5 Arnold, Notts
LE3 Braunstone, Leicester
NG2 West Bridgford
CH66 Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
LS8 Roundhay, Leeds
SW11 Battersea, south London
S8Norton & Heeley, Sheffield
N8 Hornsey, north London
CR0 Croydon, Surrey
BN3 Hove, Sussex
NG3 Sherwood, Notts
NG8 Bilborough, Notts
BR3 Beckenham, Kent
M28 Worsley, Gtr Manchester
LS15 Crossgates, Leeds
E17 Walthamstow, east London
BS7Horfield, Bristol
SW6 Fulham, south-west London
SE23 Forest Hill, south-east London
SL6 Maidenhead, Berks
Some 0.42% of people from Arnold who asked for quotes via the website said they had been burgled in the past five years, while that rate was above 0.24% in the rest of the top 20.

Julie Owens, the site's head of home insurance, said: "Along with many other UK cities, London and Nottingham are classed as high-risk areas for crime and it is no surprise to see these areas dominating the top 20."

But she added: "No matter where you live, there is always a risk you could become a victim of theft or burglary."

Crime figures released last month indicated a 1% rise in burglaries - the first increase for six years - although ministers claimed that rates had almost halved since 1997.

Police figures showed there were 284,445 house break-ins in the 2008/9 financial year, equating to one victim every two minutes.

Information obtained by the Conservatives revealed Manchester as the town where domestic burglary was most prevalent, with 35 reports per 1,000 homes.

Nottingham, Reading, the London borough of Haringey and Leeds made up the rest of the top five, while rural Teesdale in County Durham fared best.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8200173.stm

joebloggs
14th August 2009, 13:21
no wonder, M28 Worsley, Gtr Manchester is where the rich live around here :doh

anyway we've 2 anti-burglar DEVICEs HERE, the dog, and if they managed to get past her, i've got the misses :cwm3::Cuckoo:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
14th August 2009, 14:08
at least in phils you can defend your property :cwm24: some how finding some piece of scum on the reclaimation area seems to sort things out over there :icon_lol::icon_lol: bang bang your dead :angry::angry:

i dont remember seeing many reoffenders for molesting or assalting old people ????? strange that

Tawi2
14th August 2009, 14:11
SL6 in maidenhead is an incredible place,prime real-estate,its got an ACORN 1 status,must be birglars travelling like the M25 gang used to.

joebloggs
14th August 2009, 14:32
yes just like worsley is next to the east lancs road that leads to liverpud, a straight road for those tea leafing scouser to take :doh

Tawi2
14th August 2009, 14:35
If you look at that list though theres not actually anywhere in Liverpool on the statistics,how far is Ellesmere port?Its fairly close,the last time I remember a burglary around here they had came from West London,gangs are getting more mobile :NoNo:Daves got the right answer but unfortunately in this country you would end up doing a Tony Martin.

joebloggs
14th August 2009, 15:30
If you look at that list though theres not actually anywhere in Liverpool on the statistics,how far is Ellesmere port?Its fairly close,the last time I remember a burglary around here they had came from West London,gangs are getting more mobile :NoNo:Daves got the right answer but unfortunately in this country you would end up doing a Tony Martin.

but thats scousers for you, they don't do the dirty on their own door step :D

Matt7
14th August 2009, 18:16
Its odd that Manchester was identified as the most burgled area, yet the only postcode anywhere near in the "top list" was Gtr. Manchester, none in the inner city....how odd

My parents have just installed a brand spanking new alarm system. Its one of those which calls the command centre and police automatically if the alarm is set off, and is activated by a fob

Complete overkill but very cool as far as alarm systems go :D

Northerner
14th August 2009, 22:07
yes just like worsley is next to the east lancs road that leads to liverpud, a straight road for those tea leafing scouser to take :doh

I blame those lot from Salford! :D Sorry, Solfod:icon_lol:

joebloggs
14th August 2009, 22:25
I blame those lot from Salford! :D Sorry, Solfod:icon_lol:

a manc :yikes: making fun of Salford :NoNo: are u sure you've not got scouser blood in you

.............. :D

whats wrong with Salford :NoNo:

:icon_lol:

Northerner
14th August 2009, 23:02
a manc :yikes: making fun of Salford :NoNo: are u sure you've not got scouser blood in you

.............. :D

whats wrong with Salford :NoNo:

Ordsall & Broughton come to mind :icon_lol:

joebloggs
14th August 2009, 23:18
Ordsall & Broughton come to mind :icon_lol:

oh and moss side is such a nice place :icon_lol:

Northerner
14th August 2009, 23:36
oh and moss side is such a nice place :icon_lol:

I was raised in Stretford :) Posh part of Greater Manchester :Erm::icon_lol:

So strictly speaking, I'm a Traffordian :Smokin:

Tawi2
15th August 2009, 10:08
Sarah Ferguson has just filmed a 2-parter called "The Duchess On The Estate" giving a unique insight into Manchester :Erm:as a southern softie I look forward to seeing if northerners still dress in flat-caps(or shell suits)and walk their whippets(or pit-bulls)along quaint cobbled streets :Erm:

kenny
15th August 2009, 10:20
at least in phils you can defend your property :cwm24: some how finding some piece of scum on the reclaimation area seems to sort things out over there :icon_lol::icon_lol: bang bang your dead :angry::angry:

i dont remember seeing many reoffenders for molesting or assalting old people ????? strange that

Yeah, seems a crazy law here that you have to make your burglar a cup of tea and instead of getting the bugger out whether or not it be in one piece:Cuckoo:

joebloggs
15th August 2009, 10:49
I was raised in Stretford :) Posh part of Greater Manchester :Erm::icon_lol:

So strictly speaking, I'm a Traffordian :Smokin:

is that the place they have curtains in the windows and glass panels in the front doors that are not smashed :D

not far from me, yes your not even a real manc but a Traffordian :doh

nigel
15th August 2009, 11:46
BN3 HOVE was the one that shocked me!:doh