PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day

Alan
16th December 2009, 14:45
Thought this might be interesting for everyone - (having said that it will probably get no replies!!:Erm:)

What are your plans for Christmas Day?

As for moi, at the moment I'm doing bugger all! No invites :bigcry: no Christmas dinners :bigcry: no boozy does :bigcry: I'll probably end up playing Cafe World and Farmville on F******k all day.

Seriously though - what are you doing?

Al.:)

jam07
16th December 2009, 16:01
Thought this might be interesting for everyone - (having said that it will probably get no replies!!:Erm:)

As for moi, at the moment I'm doing bugger all! No invites :bigcry: no Christmas dinners :bigcry: no boozy does :bigcry: I'll probably end up playing Cafe World and Farmville on F******k all day.

hmm.... aside from disappearing for a while on my inaanaks :peepwall: :xxparty-smiley-004: :D , I'll just be at home or maybe go watch a movie with my friends, and yeah, play farmville :BouncyHappy: can we be neighbors Sir Alan? :BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
16th December 2009, 16:12

Myrna & I are spending Christmas Day with my son, Alastair ... known [unsurprisingly!] to everyone as Ally ... and his partner Amanda (Mandy) :holiday08: who live on the other side of town.

Ally is the *motor bike enthusiast I mentioned at one point, Al ... though, given your recent "mishap", probably the least said about *that, the better! :cwm24:

Anyway, mate, in the light of all that's been happening in your lives, lately :bigcry: it somehow seems inappropriate to say "Merry Christmas"; instead, we would like to take this opportunity of wishing you and Hanna all the VERY BEST for 2010.

filipina_owl
16th December 2009, 16:51
As for me, me and my husband will go to london for a few days next week as he promised me that he will bring me to madame thaussauds and other tourist destinations in london. I just been here for about a month so it would be nice to see what london looks like. Hope i'll meet some filipinas out there...:Hellooo::BouncyHappy::)

Tonet
16th December 2009, 17:18
I will be working on the 25th untill 2:30 pm. We will have x'mas dinner when i come home with parents-in-law and brother-in-law's family.

Me and janice (scottishfiance) will go to church on the night of the 24th though...

It should be good

Philip and I are wishing everyone a HAPPY HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!! Despite all the trial you are going through, give yourself a treat and try to be happy this season..xxxxxx

Arthur Little
16th December 2009, 19:26
madame thaussauds

Don't forget the 'Chamber of Horrors' :eek: ... wax images of some of our "esteemed" politicians ... for a real 'owl! :cwm24:

Arthur Little
16th December 2009, 19:34
*wax images of some of our "esteemed" politicians ...

... actually, MOST are decidedly better-looking than the "distinguished" personages they're purported to be modelled on! :rolleyes:

Tawi2
16th December 2009, 19:43
As for me, me and my husband will go to london for a few days next week as he promised me that he will bring me to madame thaussauds and other tourist destinations in london. I just been here for about a month so it would be nice to see what london looks like. Hope i'll meet some filipinas out there...:Hellooo::BouncyHappy::)
Try and get to Hampton Court Palace,I was there one night last week running along the towpath from Hampton to Kingston(nope,no one was chasing me:icon_lol:)but all of the palace windows have red,blue,green etc lights and the outdoor skating rink is great,lots to do there and it really is a great place to visit as a tourist :santa::holiday08:

Arthur Little
16th December 2009, 19:48
Try and get to Hampton Court Palace

Yup, :iagree: ... it's aMAZ(E)ing!

Arthur Little
16th December 2009, 19:55
the 'Chamber of Horrors'

:Erm: ... You might even stumble across a waxwork of Osama 'Bean' Laden, Esquire! :omg:

South-east boy
16th December 2009, 20:19
Just going to my parents house and my brother and his GF will be coming so fairly quiet. We usually go to church in the morning, but with preparing the meals etc, it's a bit too much for my mum after her op and subsequent difficulties. Hope to speak to Suzie and see her on the webcam, but will have to do that at home before leaving as my parents pc doesn't have yahoo or webcam etc

liane
17th December 2009, 16:00
I will be home with family on Christmas Day and be waiting for some relatives to come over our house. I will have to enjoy this year Christmas for I might be spending Christmas in UK next year and the celebration will be very different:):):).

justchecking
17th December 2009, 17:49
hope you enjoy next christmas in UK too Liane - nice but different!

liane
18th December 2009, 02:21
hope you enjoy next christmas in UK too Liane - nice but different!

Thank you:)

eleazebonares
18th December 2009, 04:48
bbq at.a.real.farm!my.ate.is.considering lechon na turkey.

Florge
18th December 2009, 12:16
hmmmm... no plans... with the expected heavy downpour of snow, i'd rather stay home and cuddle by the fire.. hehehe...

but would love to check chinatown and the nearby trafford centre... but fiance said it might be close... hmmmm...

Alan
18th December 2009, 14:17
bbq at.a.real.farm!my.ate.is.considering lechon na turkey.

Wow - turkey!!! They are all frozen here and imported. :NoNo:

IainBusby
18th December 2009, 15:03

My missus Louella will be working at the hospital from 7:30 till 12 noon and when she gets home she's going to cook the Chrismas dinner. She just happens to work with a farmers wife and managed to get a nice fat wild duck and a brace of pheasant, all three of which are now hanging in the shed ready for the big day.

Mary Grace is a great one for watching nature programs and she loves animals and birds etc, so she wasn't to happy at the sight of these dead birds hanging there. :NoNo: I think she's going to become a vegetarian now that the consequences of eating meat has really struck home with her.

The outlook of kids in the UK today is so sanitized and they never see many of the realities of life, I mean, remember when you used to see whole pigs etc hanging up in the butchers shop, you knew where you meat came from in those days.

Merry Christmas Everyone !!!

Iain.

Sim11UK
18th December 2009, 22:20
Well, I guess I will get up around 6 am as usual, feed my 2 cats, make a cup of tea, probably light my fire, then jump back into bed.

I'll phone my wife, as it looks like she is going back to the province, to stay with her family...Glad she's not going to be on her own, as she lives alone.
(I live alone too).Will then look in on the forum.

Christmas breakfast, is a bit of a tradition.....A big Pork Pie, with a nice bit of chutney. (wont eat all of it)...People I used to tell, would say urggghhhh!! pork pie for breakfast, but I love it, it reminds me of my late dad, who also used to enjoy it.
(Have to say though, I did give it up, for a few years, when I was a vegetarian in my twenties).

I live up a track, just on the edge of a wood, so I'll go for a walk through the woods, up over the top & look out over the Gordano valley, hope it's a nice crisp frosty morning, or some snow about.

About mid-morning, I will go to my mums, who lives locally. My brother's coming down from London, he's divorced, so it will just be the three of us. My sister has other plans.

Used to love watching Top of the pops....is it on this year?...You can't beat the 70's christmas records.

Christmas dinner, will be after that...Turkey, roast potatoes, mmmm plenty of sprouts for me please...love 'em, bread sauce & all the trimmings etc. etc.

...Then probably nod off, still wearing the stupid hat from the cracker, until it's time for Wallace & Gromit, or whatever else is on TV?

Later in the evening, I'll be back home.

Next year, I'll hopefully be with my wife, here or there....I don't mind. :)

Merry Christmas everybody. :santa:

Tawi2
18th December 2009, 22:28
Got a few decent cuts of venison in the freezer,probably have roe as I prefer it to fallow,your right Ian,my childhood memories of the local butchers is half pigs hanging in the shop,blood dripping from their snouts onto the sawdust covering the floor,I even remember touching the glazed eyes of the rabbits hanging in pairs :icon_lol:Christmas has lost its magic,even for kids nowadays,I just wish I had an open fire for chestnuts,you just cant do them properly on radiators :Erm:

SteveTalaga
20th December 2009, 16:05
A fairly quiet day for me. Will see my kids in the moring and probably have dinner with my sister. Hope the snow holds off so I can blow a few cobwebs off the bike :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
20th December 2009, 16:09
A fairly quiet day for me. Hope the snow holds off so I can blow a few cobwebs off the bike :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Me too, I will ride my Blade down to Weymouth and Portland and dream of being with my Mahal. Sad aren't we!! :bigcry:

SteveTalaga
20th December 2009, 16:24
Me too, I will ride my Blade down to Weymouth and Portland and dream of being with my Mahal. Sad aren't we!! :bigcry:Yup we are. I'll be on my zx12r if I can brave the artic conditions around the Midlands.

Steve.r
20th December 2009, 16:31
Yup we are. I'll be on my zx12r if I can brave the artic conditions around the Midlands.

Even meeting half way in this weather would be a cold ride, I even have heated grips on my Blade ha ha!! When the weather improves maybe we can do that. :)

SteveTalaga
20th December 2009, 16:36
Even meeting half way in this weather would be a cold ride, I even have heated grips on my Blade ha ha!! When the weather improves maybe we can do that. :)Or give me a shout when you get over to Manila where I ride an Aprilia Caponord - Great fun for the road / traffic conditions and it's never too cold to go for a blast.

Steve.r
20th December 2009, 16:45
Or give me a shout when you get over to Manila where I ride an Aprilia Caponord - Great fun for the road / traffic conditions and it's never too cold to go for a blast.

Will do Steve. My girlfriend has a Kawasaki Fury 125, we spent the last couple of weeks blasting around on that (You know when I say 'blasting' I am only kidding lol ) I enjoyed riding around at 2 in the morning with just shorts and as tee shirt on. I went out yesterday with a tee shirt, thick overshirt, jumper, buff and winter Heine Gerick suit on. Still cold !!

Ann07
20th December 2009, 17:02
ohh Christmas with my family and inlaws...lazy day just eat eat and eat LOL! my inlaws will stay overnight every xmas we will be praparing foods (british and filipino LOL) pansit for long life and biko for sweet life:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: the prawns, noodle soup and lumpia :D:Dand the crown turkey veggies puddings my very own xmas cake and dont forget the xmas pudding and cream:xxgrinning--00xx3::D ohh im hungry now sir alan:Erm::doh:doh

Merry Christmas to all:)

Steve.r
20th December 2009, 17:05
Lumpia........I love lumpia :xxgrinning--00xx3:

South-east boy
20th December 2009, 19:03
Well, I guess I will get up around 6 am as usual, feed my 2 cats, make a cup of tea, probably light my fire, then jump back into bed.

I'll phone my wife, as it looks like she is going back to the province, to stay with her family...Glad she's not going to be on her own, as she lives alone.
(I live alone too).Will then look in on the forum.

Christmas breakfast, is a bit of a tradition.....A big Pork Pie, with a nice bit of chutney. (wont eat all of it)...People I used to tell, would say urggghhhh!! pork pie for breakfast, but I love it, it reminds me of my late dad, who also used to enjoy it.
(Have to say though, I did give it up, for a few years, when I was a vegetarian in my twenties).

I live up a track, just on the edge of a wood, so I'll go for a walk through the woods, up over the top & look out over the Gordano valley, hope it's a nice crisp frosty morning, or some snow about.

About mid-morning, I will go to my mums, who lives locally. My brother's coming down from London, he's divorced, so it will just be the three of us. My sister has other plans.

Used to love watching Top of the pops....is it on this year?...You can't beat the 70's christmas records.

Christmas dinner, will be after that...Turkey, roast potatoes, mmmm plenty of sprouts for me please...love 'em, bread sauce & all the trimmings etc. etc.

...Then probably nod off, still wearing the stupid hat from the cracker, until it's time for Wallace & Gromit, or whatever else is on TV?

Later in the evening, I'll be back home.

Next year, I'll hopefully be with my wife, here or there....I don't mind. :)

Merry Christmas everybody. :santa:

My family have Pork pie for Christmas morning breakfast too! We also have a joint of ham to go with it.

I was wondering, what do Filipinos think of the British traditional Christmas dinner? Is there a traditional Filipino Christmas dinner?

pennybarry
21st December 2009, 09:51
Mom bought big turkey covered with bacon 2 weeks ago. I don't eat turkey:D
Sirloin joint Beef and pork for oven roast. Wow! my favourite!:D:icon_lol:
Cruncy Roast Potato, Yorkshire puddings, served with meaty gravy.
Mom home made cakes!
Loads of drinks! I am trying to learn drinking but no luck yet.:omg:
We have some filipino friends coming and they must eat english food!
I don't want to cook as I love roasted beef/pork. Yummy!:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Alan
21st December 2009, 11:34
Mom bought big turkey covered with bacon 2 weeks ago. I don't eat turkey:D
Sirloin joint Beef and pork for oven roast. Wow! my favourite!:D:icon_lol:
Cruncy Roast Potato, Yorkshire puddings, served with meaty gravy.
Mom home made cakes!
Loads of drinks! I am trying to learn drinking but no luck yet.:omg:
We have some filipino friends coming and they must eat english food!
I don't want to cook as I love roasted beef/pork. Yummy!:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Sounds fantastic Penny. Don't forget the cranberry sauce with the turkey.

belfast_dude
21st December 2009, 20:34
xmas eve- work
xmas day- work
boxing day- work.....ho ho ho...:lame:

bornatbirth
21st December 2009, 20:46
on xmas day me and my wife are spending the day with my brother and his gf,boxing day we are spending the day alone :D

even thou the wife wants to go shopping :furious3: on boxing day :NoNo:

South-east boy
21st December 2009, 23:14
on xmas day me and my wife are spending the day with my brother and his gf,boxing day we are spending the day alone :D

even thou the wife wants to go shopping :furious3: on boxing day :NoNo:

I bet you can't wait to get to the busy shops with crowds & crowds of people again! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
22nd December 2009, 00:09
I bet you can't wait to get to the busy shops with crowds & crowds of people again! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :icon_lol:

I'LL bet! :omg: ... next thing, it'll be the 'January Sales'.

pennybarry
22nd December 2009, 11:09
Sounds fantastic Penny. Don't forget the cranberry sauce with the turkey.

Thanks Alan!
They are food lovers really! Enjoy eating and will spend much when it comes to fooooood!:icon_lol::D
Yes we have that sauce and more different sauce in the covered. I have not yet tried 'em. :D
I like Reggi sauce!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
22nd December 2009, 23:02

when i told her im not shopping on boxing day,she had a little tantrum...like she found out im cheating on her :icon_lol:

i didnt realise shopping can mean so much to some.:Erm: