PDA

View Full Version : Is china going to rape the philippines...

branno
30th June 2011, 18:39
ive just had this link posted to my fb account .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgPcunivDXg

Englishman2010
30th June 2011, 19:11
in short, yes.

And they will get away with it because they know the USA is bankrupt and overstretched militarily and financially. Who is it that hold the majority of the USA's 14Tn Dollar foreign debt? China of course.

I'm sad to say that this is just the start of China's dominance, they've been buying up huge chunks of Africa, South America and Australia, they own most of the USA and Europe's sovereign debt and know they can march all around SE Asia colonising most of it completely unhindered by the west, because they own the west.

30 years from now the world will look completely different economically and politically:bigcry:

branno
30th June 2011, 19:36
in short, yes.

And they will get away with it because they know the USA is bankrupt and overstretched militarily and financially. Who is it that hold the majority of the USA's 14Tn Dollar foreign debt? China of course.

I'm sad to say that this is just the start of China's dominance, they've been buying up huge chunks of Africa, South America and Australia, they own most of the USA and Europe's sovereign debt and know they can march all around SE Asia colonising most of it completely unhindered by the west, because they own the west.

30 years from now the world will look completely different economically and politically:bigcry:

on that note ...i think the falklands look very vunerable too..

Englishman2010
30th June 2011, 19:46
I can't see it happening any time in the near future. Argentina is even more bankrupt than the UK. IF they are going to do it, now is the time while we are fighting wars in other parts of the world.

However, bankrupt we think we are, the UK still has the 4th largest armed forces in the world (Only the USA, CHina and Russia have larger armed forces or spend more money on armed forces than we do), Argentina knows that and knows that it won't be able to compete with an overstretched British forces.

I also doubt Argentina will get any support, apart from the usual mad dicator Latin American countries. China won't get involved because it needs trade with the UK more than it needs trade with Argentina, and Spain won't be much use to them anymore, they're going down the same road as Ireland and Greece.

grahamw48
30th June 2011, 19:47
Are they teaching our kids Mandarin as part of the curriculum ? NO.

Lagging behind as usual. :rolleyes:

Instead we take Chinese students' money and educate THEM in our universities, for short-term financial gain, and pass on our technological know-how too. :NoNo:

Terpe
30th June 2011, 20:47
in short, yes.

Totally agree.
Spot on Ian.
China's strategic positioning for world dominance has long been my soap box stance.
They have taken the economic tactics of places like Japan and made them appear harmless. They are not.

China will always take the jobs away from us.

Yes the world will become a much different place. And yes China will rape us all.
Look more deeply and see that Pinas has already been raped by China. Only abuse left to remain.

Rant over.
Blame Englishman for getting me wired up

Englishman2010
30th June 2011, 21:24
Rant over.
Blame Englishman for getting me wired up

:icon_lol: Sorry Terpe:icon_sorry:

It will be interesting to see how South Korea and Japan stand up to China. In time China will take away their jobs too. Sadly the Japanese Tsunami may have taken Japanese economic dominance of the region back far more than we think. South Korea may have US support for now and US bases on it's soil, but I dont think they will last 5 minutes if China decides to march south along the Korean peninsula. Taiwan will get repatriated very quickly too

Terpe
30th June 2011, 21:53
Yes, it's gonna be interesting to see how Japan will consolidate a global position.
There is already a huge amount of previously "made in Japan" products now made in China. Same as everywhere else.
Japan is a very homogenous and nationalistic society that can at least rely on it's domestic market. The Japanese domestic business model is culturally skewed.
I really don't have any understanding on the broader S.Korean economy.

China is just an unbelievable massive economy that still has huge poverty. Means growth and consumption has to continue.

China's surplus is too big to even imagine.
The debts they already bought up in Europe mean they have us in their sights. As consumers for their output ONLY.

Ahh enough already....

Englishman2010
30th June 2011, 22:06
China hasn't got it all it's own way yet. Where the western manufacturers have been smart is that they still own the company that makes the product. Take an item that sells for £100 in the UK, its made in China for £10, but the Chinese only see £10, the Western company still retains £90. What we have to ensure is that Chinese companies don't buy up too many western companies and ultimately repatriate the total £100 of the product price back to China.
As the Chinese economy grows and inflation grows with it, China will become a less competitive place to manufacture products. The same thing happened to Japan, amd although it still makes some products in China and SE Asia because of cheap labour, it also make a lot of products in the USA/UK/Europe for a combination of reasons (cheaper labour than Japan, nearer to their market so there are less transport costs and also to get around import duties). Whether we like Chinese or Japanese products or not, at least if they make them in the Uk, they are providing jobs here and putting money into our economy.

branno
30th June 2011, 22:11
well well i tend to think that there are still some arguments to be settled with the falklands.. and we now all kno of its wealth.. in gas and oil... and im sure the argentinians still want some of that...

as for china and its financial crusades kim jong is not so keen to let them advance to close to his borders.. and we all kno kim jong openly flaunts his nuclear weapons to the world esp USA...

according to the recent news that that erm present english priministeress avoided serious human rights issues with the chinese leader.. but agreed billion pound deals... no doubt selling weapons of mass destruction..:doh

Arthur Little
30th June 2011, 22:17

Perhaps even sooner ... who knows? :anerikke: ... with its vast population and potential for amassing the largest military force in the history of mankind ... not for nothing has China frequently been referred to as "the yellow peril"!

Englishman2010
30th June 2011, 22:20
according to the recent news that that erm present english priministeress avoided serious human rights issues with the chinese leader.. but agreed billion pound deals... no doubt selling weapons of mass destruction..:doh

I doubt it very much, China has been making it's own weapons or using Russian technology for 70 years. Who invented gunpowder? Have you seen the size of their army and how much harware they have? None of it's British, it's nearly all homemade or ex Soviet surplus. They've just spent billions recommissioning an old Soviet Aircraft carrier.

Terpe
30th June 2011, 22:24
China has long since discovered a much easier,more acceptable and cheaper way.

grahamw48
30th June 2011, 23:03
:icon_lol: Sorry Terpe:icon_sorry:

It will be interesting to see how South Korea and Japan stand up to China. In time China will take away their jobs too. Sadly the Japanese Tsunami may have taken Japanese economic dominance of the region back far more than we think. South Korea may have US support for now and US bases on it's soil, but I dont think they will last 5 minutes if China decides to march south along the Korean peninsula. Taiwan will get repatriated very quickly too

The Yanks would have to do a lot better than they did in Chinese-backed N.Korea and Vietnam. :NoNo:

Imagine a direct engagement with China.

grahamw48
30th June 2011, 23:06
I do like those Chinese girls though. :D

Englishman2010
30th June 2011, 23:10
The Yanks would have to do a lot better than they did in Chinese-backed N.Korea and Vietnam. :NoNo:

Imagine a direct engagement with China.

The Yanks wouldn't last 5 minutes against the Chinese, they can't beat a few hundred shepherds with AK's strapped to a Toyota Hilux so what chance would they have against the largest army in the world?

Arthur Little
30th June 2011, 23:23
I do like those Chinese girls though. :D

Mmm ... yes! But Loida Nicolas Lewis is still looking really glamorous for a woman fast-approaching her eighth decade! :cwm24:

grahamw48
30th June 2011, 23:50
Hmm....richest Filipina in the world too...bar the robbing Marcos of course.

Koala
1st July 2011, 00:09
Living in the Philippines if it comes down to all out fisty cuffs I hope you guy's and the aussie diggers plus the yanks get your asses over here dam fast.

I don't know what my partner and I would do......but I wouldn't cut and run:icon_sorry:

Arthur Little
1st July 2011, 00:11
Hmm....richest Filipina in the world too...

... ahh ... that explains it! :)

Arthur Little
1st July 2011, 00:22
...bar the robbing Marcos of course.

Now there's an :idea: ... Emelda could always "shoo" them [the Chinese] off!

grahamw48
1st July 2011, 00:50
Don't forget it's the Chinese-blooded families who own most of the Phils anyway. :)

BoholoX
1st July 2011, 01:53
I just cant get my head around how China came up with their terratorial claims for the Spratelys et al. Looking at the map there must be at least 4 countries with better claims than them, and it doesnt seem to follow any International convention. I wonder if they would be so aggresive if the American bases hadnt been expelled.

tanga
1st July 2011, 08:42
I just cant get my head around how China came up with their terratorial claims for the Spratelys et al. Looking at the map there must be at least 4 countries with better claims than them, and it doesnt seem to follow any International convention. I wonder if they would be so aggresive if the American bases hadnt been expelled.

China is claiming the Spratlys due to its claim of ancestral rights going back 1000 years. The Reed bank where the oil fields are situated are 80 nautical miles from Palawan and almost 1000 from China. Vietnam,Malaysia and Brunei are much nearer and are also claiming the disputed territories.
It is truly a David and Goliath case as Leonida Lewis states.The Philippine navy have dispatched their largest vessel to the area,the 68 year old Rajah Humabon and the area is now the location of the annual Balikatan exercise or war games with US Navy 7th fleet.
Every day here news updates are reported and emotions amongst the youth of the country are being stirred into anger and defiance,this is not an issue that will die quietly for sure.
China are determined to explore this oil field and grab the resources by hook or by crook as they are doing in South America,Africa, and Micronesia.On this issue they seem to ignore international convention.
Im just waiting for my enlistment papers!

branno
1st July 2011, 19:35
quite similar to the falklands really.. some 200 hundred yrs ago a british sailor landed there ...stuck a note above a door saying he will be back..wots this distance some 8,000 miles away ...

Englishman2010
1st July 2011, 20:18
quite similar to the falklands really.. some 200 hundred yrs ago a british sailor landed there ...stuck a note above a door saying he will be back..wots this distance some 8,000 miles away ...

Branno, what is your issue with the Falklands? The islands are inhabited by British people and the infrastructure was paid for by British taxpayers. The inhabitants want to remain British subjects, and while the majority want to bepart of Britain, they deserve the protection of Britain. If they ever vote for rule by Argentina, then so be it.

The Spratleys and Paracels are completely different, as far as I know they are inhabited by indiginous peoples who have alliegencies to a variety of countries, although most of the local infrastructure was provided by Vietnam and the Philippines, therefore strengthening these countries claims to the islands.

Can you tell me how many Argentinians live in Port Stanley and how many billions Buenos Airies has spent on the infrastructure?

grahamw48
1st July 2011, 20:28
The Falklands are OURS ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If we're to go down that route, the Yanks have to get out of 'America', the Ozzys out of Australia, the Spanish....etc etc. :Erm:

At least we only displaced a few seabirds, which we are now protecting. :)

Englishman2010
1st July 2011, 20:32
The Falklands are OURS ! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If we're to go down that route, the Yanks have to get out of 'America', the Ozzys out of Australia, the Spanish....etc etc. :Erm:

At least we only displaced a few seabirds, which we are now protecting. :)

Absolutely Graham:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And the Argentinians will need to go back to Spain, Italy and Germany leaving it to the native South American tribes who lived there before the Spaniards butchered them

branno
1st July 2011, 21:15
englishman.. i dont have issues...i have my own points of view and i also believe that some two hundred yrs or so ago the falklands may of been inhabited by south americans..mainly argentinians... i suppose u was there on the ship that arrived there kicking out the locals and flying ur flag.... but in reallity who really laid claim or rather took it from the locals.. other countries too say they have ownership over the island... i think of it like this... if the argies had had the power of the british navy in them days and they laid claim to ireland .... id say heyyy :censored: off .... just my views :)

Pete/London
1st July 2011, 21:19
In answer to the original question..no

I can see the Yanks back there within the next 5 years with a new naval base in the south and maybe back in Subic. With the smell of oil deals will be done:)

Englishman2010
1st July 2011, 21:32
englishman.. i dont have issues...i have my own points of view and i also believe that some two hundred yrs or so ago the falklands may of been inhabited by south americans..mainly argentinians... i suppose u was there on the ship that arrived there kicking out the locals and flying ur flag.... but in reallity who really laid claim or rather took it from the locals.. other countries too say they have ownership over the island... i think of it like this... if the argies had had the power of the british navy in them days and they laid claim to ireland .... id say heyyy :censored: off .... just my views :)

Fair comment, but as I understand it, the Falklands and South Georgia were uninhabited 200 years ago, all that was there were colonies of penguins and seabirds. The Argentinians had no interest in the islands then because they were desolate windswept hell holes that no one wanted to live on , otherwise they would have colonised them before we got there. The only reason we colonised them was because they made good bases for the Whaling industry. The Argentinian claim only came about after we had spent money on them making them inhabitable and no doubt the lure of the oil and gas is what is really driving them on again.

The Channel Islands are a few miles off the French Coast, therefore the French should claim them if you go by the Argentinian way of thinking. Sensibly, the French don't see it that way and understand they are British.

somebody
1st July 2011, 21:40
China is a awesome beast but has in the past just when it looked like it might dominate has suddenly self destructed or decided it can't be bothered..

The chinese Ecomony is rising at an incredible rate but there is a chance it could self destruct even with the awsome powers its national bank has.. There is a chance that its Ecomony may end up like Japanese since the 90's strong but in the doldrums.

Plus already China has had problems with workers leaving in droves once they get enough money to go home and live in their local village/area again..

I think china will overcome but its far from certain that some thing won't happen to China which stops it being the world nbr one power.

look how Chinese all over the world are happy to trade and work hard but rarely dominated other cultures they tend to keep themsleves to themsleves from what i have seen. Already China could pull the strings on the world stage but doesn't always seem by western standards intrested in doing..

branno
1st July 2011, 21:44
all i can say is that its a terrible greedy vulgar world...and every one wants to bleed you or deprive you in any way they can... i was working today in a remote part of yorkshire... i was 60 foot aloft ... then this farmer told me that all i could see he owned.. wow... i replied... thank f:censored: for imported new zealand lamb... :icon_lol:

but reversing back to the original question... soveriegnity and oil causes many problems ..far too many.

grahamw48
1st July 2011, 22:27
We did the dirty on our New Zealand friends and relations and their (then huge) exports of lamb to us when we joined the cursed Common Market. :angry:

branno
1st July 2011, 22:31
We did the dirty on our New Zealand friends and relations and their (then huge) exports of lamb to us when we joined the cursed Common Market. :angry:

but at least i got a leg of lamb at half the price..:icon_lol: we all have a price graham :icon_lol: mines lamb :icon_lol: but i adore lamb fresh from the dales :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
1st July 2011, 22:40
I had heard that, but was giving you the benefit of the doubt.. :D

branno
1st July 2011, 23:11
I had heard that, but was giving you the benefit of the doubt.. :D

postage n package has just increased 50% :icon_lol:

Koala
2nd July 2011, 05:29
You can seen all the lamb you can spare over here......boy do I miss a good leg of lamb with roast potatoes,carrots and nice gravy.....You buy lamb here and it must be 1 day before its classified as mutton or hoggart it certainly an't lamb.

Koala

KeithD
2nd July 2011, 09:51
Due to the fast growth in China, wages have increased around 300% in the last few, and along with the recession, a lot of Western companies are now moving to cheaper locations like India, Vietnam & Cambodia. This move will continue to increase as wages still rise. The Chinese economy will peak and crash at some point, economies never grow continuosly.

Terpe
2nd July 2011, 11:00

Sorry for off-topic
Lamb is my very favorite roast.
At the butcher or the supermarket I can very easily find English and Welsh lamb.
Also New Zealand lamb is just about everywhere.
I can't recall seeing any lamb from Europe.
Are there any lamb imports from EU? What's it like in terms of taste and quality?

Just curious.

grahamw48
2nd July 2011, 12:11
We actually export most of our lamb TO the EU...and the middle-east.

Remember all the hoo-ha about live animals being transported so far in the trucks ?

Terpe
2nd July 2011, 18:55
We actually export most of our lamb TO the EU...and the middle-east.

Remember all the hoo-ha about live animals being transported so far in the trucks ?

I wasn't making reference to our exports, more to the New Zealand imports you highlighted.:)

Terpe
2nd July 2011, 18:57
Due to the fast growth in China, wages have increased around 300% in the last few, and along with the recession, a lot of Western companies are now moving to cheaper locations like India, Vietnam & Cambodia. This move will continue to increase as wages still rise. The Chinese economy will peak and crash at some point, economies never grow continuosly.

China did a great global marketing job when it tempted our captains of industry.
It opened the eyes and the pockets of the west to a source of cheap and dependable labour that allowed an instant boost to profitability.
Those who took us there were so blinded by short-term gratification, that they have now pretty much doomed much of the European and American manufacturing.

Almost like to waking up one morning and finding that not only did all those manufacturing jobs disappear, but realising they ain't ever coming back.

An economic future irrepairably damaged by Chinese economic principles.

C'mon guys, the world has changed and continues to change right before our very eyes.
The kinds of economics we all studied so well no longer work. Chinese is the new economic model. Nationalistic protectionism
Most of the world learned from us for over 100 years. I just hope we can adapt to now learn from others all we can about nationalistic protectionism and a new buy British campaign.

It's too simplistic to simply suggest economic collapse and doom for China.

I agree that there will come a time, as has happened before, when China will need to re-balance it's economy.
Yes, China will eventually shift it's strategy from cheap labour, exports and it's huge foreign investments, to an new strategy of increasing domestic consumption. And what an absolutley huge domestic market can be cultivated.

Yes, increasing wages, increasing energy costs and increasing commodity prices are giving rise to escalating inflation.
All these factors are undoubtedly impacting the millions and millions of poor families hard. China knows very well what the future challenges are and just how intense they will be, and just how to turn those to domestic advantage.

This current global recession has taught China a valuable lesson, that it needs to move the economy up the value-curve and focus more on domestic demand. Even if it means outsourcing to cheaper production like Cambodia etc.

China understands it's weaknesses of low interest rates and self manufactured weaker currency and uses both to it's advantage despite global protests.
China will continue to avoid cheap money, but we can all expect them to further increase their debt purchases, their loan quotas, rising bank reserve ratios, and their gradual increases in their interest rates to the western debts.

Do some research, it's easy to see that China’s nationalistic protectionism and perfidious economic strategy is for real.

Look at the investment and buying strategy of China globally, especially in Africa where Europe once dominated and benefited.
Look at what China is doing in Eastern Europe, Asia and India also. Look what already happened in Hungary, and what will happen in Poland.

Just look how I've gotten all wound up again and jumped back up on my soap box.
:D

grahamw48
2nd July 2011, 19:06
Plus, China have never given a :censored: about what other countries think of them.

Terpe
2nd July 2011, 19:14
Plus, China have never given a :censored: about what other countries think of them.

That's the whole point.
Does anyone believe China will tread carefully because of human rights.
Does anyone believe China cares even little bit about MG UK. No!
China is on a path of world domination, now it KNOWS just how to do it.
China is for China.

Moy
2nd July 2011, 19:37
The Philippines even wants to scrap the VFA. I mean its like a suicidal person cutting all ties, going it alone and walking into the wilderness full of nasty things unarmed with no friends saying I don't need anyone. Bad countries are like lions, they smell weakness and the weak die to make room for the strong.

The Government of the Philippines will negotiate the Spartly's for money then blame the U.S. because they had no other choice. :ReadIt:

Pete/London
3rd July 2011, 00:10
If the invitation does go out to the US to drop its anchor again I hope the PI negotiate from a position of strength.
Unfortunately the money coming into the country from overseas workers must be dropping due to the middle east unrest and the economies suffering, and that could mean more workers returning to the PI to unemployment. It may result in the resources of the country being sold too cheaply.
I think the VFA is still in negotiation stage.

tanga
3rd July 2011, 03:06
The Philippines even wants to scrap the VFA. I mean its like a suicidal person cutting all ties, going it alone and walking into the wilderness full of nasty things unarmed with no friends saying I don't need anyone. Bad countries are like lions, they smell weakness and the weak die to make room for the strong.

The Government of the Philippines will negotiate the Spartly's for money then blame the U.S. because they had no other choice. :ReadIt:
Moy,
The Philippines does not want to scrap the VFA. A small group of militants want it scrapped,these are the same ones who will be screaming from the rooftops if China gains control of The Spratleys. Some senators have been pushing for the renegotiation of the terms of the VFA.
The USA has by agreement a mandate to protect the sovereign rights of The Philippines. The Armed forces of Philippines rely on USA to provide it with surplus equipment as aircraft ships and intelligence.Without this support The Philippines would have been powerless to take on the ASG and JI terrorist groups.These groups are linked to Al Qaeda and are a real threat to world peace.
China will not be taking on The Philippines alone

Moy
3rd July 2011, 10:02
hiya Tanga:)

thanks for the inf:xxgrinning--00xx3:

branno
17th July 2011, 22:35
US law makers push for end to sea spat.
UNITED STATES lawmakers are pushing for a peaceful and collaborative resolution to the dispute at the west philippine sea or more commonly know as the south china sea.

it reads..on 23 june 2011, secretary of state Hilary clinton told visiting philippine foreign secretary Alberto rosario that "we are determined and committed to supporting the defense of the philippines."

think tanks are beginning to think that this may escalate much more.

grahamw48
17th July 2011, 23:49
China is even less happy with the US today, after Mr. O'barmy's meeting with the Dali Lama. :NoNo:

I can see them taking about as much notice of any 'pressure' the Americans may try to exert regarding the Spratleys as they have over human rights. :rolleyes:

fred
18th July 2011, 00:01
I dont think the Chinese will be firing any live rounds at fishermen or local patrol boats with the US navy present.:NoNo:

grahamw48
18th July 2011, 00:18
Maybe the Somali pirates will show the Chinese a few tricks in how to give the most heavily armed country in the world the run around. :icon_lol: