PDA

View Full Version : Delays in making decisions to settlement applications in the UK

raynaputi
23rd June 2012, 12:04
:doh:NoNo::cwm23:

22 June 2012

Our global customer service standard for settlement applications is to make decisions on most applications within 12 weeks and all applications within 24 weeks. Due to a significant increase in the number of applications being received, we are currently experiencing a delay in making decisions on settlement applications. We are still making decisions on most applications within 12 weeks, but many applications are taking longer to resolve, which means that it may take up to 24 weeks for a decision to be made. We are working hard to reduce the impact this has on customers and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/june/34-settlement-applications

joebloggs
23rd June 2012, 12:16
they fail to mention about redundancies at UKBA effecting the time scale :rolleyes:

it use to take exactly 4wks but now months :NoNo:

grahamw48
23rd June 2012, 13:18
Increase ?

What did they expect with the recent announcements ? :rolleyes:

andy222
23rd June 2012, 13:35
Bloody tories.:NoNo: Never voted for them and never will.

gWaPito
23rd June 2012, 16:56
Bloody tories.:NoNo: Never voted for them and never will.

They are all as bad as eachother Andy. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
23rd June 2012, 20:42
We are working hard to reduce the impact this has on customers and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

the use of the word "customers" rather "applicants" reinforces the opinion that the process is a cash cow

grahamw48
23rd June 2012, 20:55
Yes....are they running a bloody shop or doing their jobs as GOVERNMENT SERVANTS employed by us British Citizens ? :angry:

Moy
23rd June 2012, 21:13
:doh:NoNo::cwm23:

22 June 2012

Our global customer service standard for settlement applications is to make decisions on most applications within 12 weeks and all applications within 24 weeks. Due to a significant increase in the number of applications being received, we are currently experiencing a delay in making decisions on settlement applications. We are still making decisions on most applications within 12 weeks, but many applications are taking longer to resolve, which means that it may take up to 24 weeks for a decision to be made. We are working hard to reduce the impact this has on customers and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/june/34-settlement-applications

ah thats why takes so long..have you got you result yet Rayna??:Jump:

raynaputi
23rd June 2012, 21:59

No result yet Moy..it's been 12 weeks! :NoNo:

Rosie1958
24th June 2012, 11:02
I hope that you receive a positive outcome soon, Rayna, and keeping everything crossed for you! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
24th June 2012, 11:09

have u done your biometric already moy?

Moy
24th June 2012, 11:12
have u done your biometric already moy?

still waiting..gparry..im just make myself busy with other things like work..family etc..than to focus:rolleyes::cwm24: thinking and when the result come out:D you know what am saying hehe:icon_lol:

raynaputi
24th June 2012, 11:17
I hope that you receive a positive outcome soon, Rayna, and keeping everything crossed for you! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Rosie! :D The annoying thing is, I kept on thinking about my visa yesterday and then I had a dream last night that it got refused!:doh:NoNo: Keith said I'm weird! hahahaha :icon_lol:

malditako
24th June 2012, 11:29
still waiting..gparry..im just make myself busy with other things like work..family etc..than to focus:rolleyes::cwm24: thinking and when the result come out:D you know what am saying hehe:icon_lol:

am on the waiting situation as well..posted it last week. a few days later a letter came saying that my application has been passed to a caseworker for processing.

han
24th June 2012, 14:21
:Wave:

Oh so, that's it sorry for the inconvenience.
However the 4 months and 2 weeks- for my FLR(M), waiting time is nae good.

Oh please...
keep praying for us.

malchard888
24th June 2012, 16:15
:Wave:

Oh so, that's it sorry for the inconvenience.
However the 4 months and 2 weeks- for my FLR(M), waiting time is nae good.

Oh please...
keep praying for us.
Its been 2 1/2 months waiting for us at the moment so it seems like we are in the long haul too, maybe by the autumn we will get a positive result and receive our passports back. If this was a commercial enterprise charging top dollar and taking such a long time they would be out of business in no time but they have no competition so can be as surly and long winded as they like.:cwm23: