PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Damian Green Minister of Immigration re EU Treaty Rights

Dedworth
29th July 2012, 16:10
This ties in with Iani's thread "Want to move here fellow EU citizen......well let's see your bank balance!" http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/40229-Want-to-move-here-fellow-EU-citizen......well-let-s-see-your-bank-balance!

I recently received a copy of this letter from Theresa May's office

Dear Theresa

Thank you for your letter of the 17th May to the Foreign Secretary on behalf of your consituent Mr Dedworth who expresses concern about Roma European Union (EU) Nationals sleeping rough in Central London. As Minister of State for Immigration I have been asked to reply and I apologise for the delay in doing so.

The rights of European Union (EU) nationals to live and work in other EU countries are set out in legislation by which all EU Member States are bound. Any Roma individual who is an EU national can benefit from the right to free movement, which is not conditional on ethnicity. Nonetheless, the Government is clear that EU citizens who benefit from the right to free movement must adhere to the responsibilities this brings with it and abide by our laws,

EU nationals' free movement rights are not unlimited. Those who wish to live in the UK for longer than three months must be exercising a Treaty right as a worker, a self-employed person, a self-sufficient person, or a student. EU nationals who are sleeping rough and not exercising a Treaty right do not have a right to reside in the UK

Rough sleeping by EU migrants is a growing problem in the UK. As part of a new approach to tackle this issue, the UK Border Agency is working with the police, local authorities and other partners to identify EU nationals who are rough sleeping and who may not be exercising a Treaty right in the UK. The individuals involved are referred to outreach workers and partners for support including assistance to return home voluntarily, in the first instance.

If they consistently refuse this support are destitute, and cannot demonstrate that they have a right to reside in the UK, they may be administratively removed.

Yours

Damian Green

The mealy-mouthed words that indicate an unwillingness to deport these vermin are clear in the last paragraph.

lastlid
29th July 2012, 16:12
Where does it say "Roma Scum"? :icon_lol:

Terpe
29th July 2012, 16:17
.....The mealy-mouthed words that indicate an unwillingness to deport these vermin are clear in the last paragraph.

Totally agree with that comment Dedworth. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Also the part about being "referred to outreach workers and partners for support including assistance to return home voluntarily, in the first instance." :doh

andy222
29th July 2012, 16:18
At least you got a reply Ded. I havnt had one maybe because Im not a tory supporter.:icon_lol:

grahamw48
29th July 2012, 16:21
'The individuals involved are referred to outreach workers and partners for support including assistance to return home voluntarily, in the first instance.'

You can imagine what would happen to you or I if we were found sleeping rough in their country....or any other country for that matter. :NoNo:

How difficult is it to hitch a ride home ? :rolleyes:

andy222
29th July 2012, 16:57
You would be arrested for loitering.

Iani
30th July 2012, 07:20
At least you got a reply Ded. I havnt had one maybe because Im not a tory supporter.:icon_lol:

"Bung" them £50, it worked for Gary Barlow :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
30th July 2012, 07:58
"If they consistently refuse this support are destitute, and cannot demonstrate that they have a right to reside in the UK, they may be administratively removed."

Shocking statement and a clear indication that they have no real intention of tackling the problem. If you hadn't said who the letter was from, I would have thought it was from a Liberal MP.
I believe this shower of :censored: and the previous lot have succeeded in turning our city and my home into a cess pool of filth for every low life in Europe to head to.
I believe we've passed the point of no return now as I have yet to hear any politician with the exception of extremists who have any real willingness to tackle the problems.
Referring these scum to " outreach workers" takes the biscuit as far as I'm concerned :cwm23:

Dedworth
30th July 2012, 09:54
I've responded

please write to the Minister expressing my concern that there seems to be an unwillingness to actually take the bull by the horns and deport these parasites. Phrases such as "referred to outreach workers and partners for support including assistance to return home voluntarily, in the first instance" and “If they consistently refuse this support are destitute, and cannot demonstrate that they have a right to reside in the UK, they may be administratively removed” indicate a lack of political backbone to me. Why are we wasting taxpayer’s money referring these people to “outreach” and “support” workers all this does is give them a cushion of time to further their criminal aims ? If they are seen by the authorities not to be exercising a Treaty Right then they should be put on the first plane to their country of origin.

bigmarco
30th July 2012, 09:59
I've responded

please write to the Minister expressing my concern that there seems to be an unwillingness to actually take the bull by the horns and deport these parasites. Phrases such as "referred to outreach workers and partners for support including assistance to return home voluntarily, in the first instance" and “If they consistently refuse this support are destitute, and cannot demonstrate that they have a right to reside in the UK, they may be administratively removed” indicate a lack of political backbone to me. Why are we wasting taxpayer’s money referring these people to “outreach” and “support” workers all this does is give them a cushion of time to further their criminal aims ? If they are seen by the authorities not to be exercising a Treaty Right then they should be put on the first plane to their country of origin.

Nice one Ded :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
30th July 2012, 10:59
:xxgrinning--00xx3: dedworth, i know some have been sent back in the past for not exercising their treaty rights, not many thou :angry:

grahamw48
30th July 2012, 11:01
Dedworth for PM ! :Jump: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malchard888
30th July 2012, 11:36
Dedworth for PM ! :Jump: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Superb response by Ded however if they dare to reply then the reply will once more skirt round the issue and I fear that more and more will turn up here as this government have no guts to deal with such important matters. Our soft touch with the dregs of society is becoming legendary and I fear it wil spiral out of control unless the government do yet another u turn. :angry:

Arthur Little
30th July 2012, 14:20
You would be arrested for loitering.

Loitering "with in tent" --->:shehumper: presumably ... if caught camping there!