PDA

View Full Version : SCANNED DOCUMENTS! Help!

bagyo
8th April 2013, 08:49
Dear all,

I've submitted my visa application as a civil partner of a British citizen last March, and it's pretty straightforward – we meet all the requirements, including financial requirements pretty easily.

I have one issue however: I submitted scanned bank statements (which were stamped and signed), and my payslips were printed but not stamped and signed (my partner is a UK civil servant and they don't get paper payslips, only electronic ones).

I asked the VFS agents about this 3 times on 3 separate occasions and was answered by 3 different people independently: THEY SAID IT'S OKAY.

I also included a cover letter explaining this. Furthermore, we attempted to send a few original documents early, but it's been 1 month now – way past their supposed date or arrival – and they still have not come! I fear they are lost!

So am I hopelessly screwed? Or does my visa application stand a chance?

Also, I was thinking about e-mailing the ECM in UKBA Manila, pre-empting their decision if they refuse. I plan to tell her that a) VFS agents said scanned documents were okay, and b) should they request for originals, I will submit them right away.

What do you think?

joebloggs
8th April 2013, 10:53
i don't think the scanned bank statements should be a problem if they are from a British bank, i think they can easily check with the bank.

also if there is a problem they could ask you for the originals. as for the payslips i'm not so sure..