PDA

View Full Version : I am in the Philippines to marry at the moment.

mickcant
19th March 2008, 09:40
Hi all,
Am new here as i only herd about the group yesterday.
I am a 63 year old male who lives on the Isle of Wight, in the UK.

I am in the philippines and hopefully will be getting married on the 8th April.

I did bring with me the information (bank statments, pay slips, emails, photos) and the forms downloaded from the British Embassy,to start the applacation for my wifes visa to settle in the UK.

I now know it might take three weeks to get the marriage cert, and I will have to come home before it arrives.
Is there anything we can do to ovoid delays.
Any help very much appreacated.
Mick.

andypaul
19th March 2008, 10:41
Welcome Mick

Well you can get the ball rolling and even if you got the marriage cert back asap the processing of the application may take a while ( i have no idea of the curent waiting time)

If you search nso there are some good posts on how to try and improve the chances of the marriage cert being processed quickly. If you know someone in the town hall/nso it helps.

Im sure others can advise better than i can.

May i wish you a happy Wedding Day and good luck with your application

Alan
19th March 2008, 12:03
Hi Mick, welcome and good luck.

Money talks here.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

alicat
19th March 2008, 14:37
hi mick
i can remember,2 weeks after my wedding
i go to municipal first to get update if
my marriage cert have already record in nso..
coz i think they will do the processing first then
they will send the record straight to nso.
just make sure when you fill up the form
everything is correct,the details and spelling.
thats the coz of delay sometimes.
goodluck..

ginapeterb
19th March 2008, 19:09
Hey Mick, how are you doing Pal ? good to see a solid 63 year old out in Phils doing the marriage thing, good for you, we older men will show em won't we mate.

63 is a good age mate, keep the British end up for us all here at FilipinoUK,
and as for your marriage paperwork, see if you can express fee your facsimile to NSO in Quezon City.

Try and offer a few pesos for a fixer to do the work for you, get your girl to find a fixer.

You might have to come home before your marriage contract on NSO Security paper is done.

But try and obtain a SECPA from the local NSO office in the provincial city where you are due to marry.

That normally suffices for the British Embassy, however you will still need your NSO Local marriage contract in full at a later date.

The way to avoid delays Mick is to prepare before your intended wedding day, when you visit the District registry ( your girl should know where this is) make sure the Judge who you are using is aware they need to expedite the paperwork quickly, you could speed up the process by inviting the presiding judge who officiates to be a guest at your wedding, also, you might want to consider tipping the Judge on top of his fee, by explaining your time constraints.

Also make sure the Judge is seated at your top table, and also, hand him a thank you envelope with say P2000.00 on top of his fee about P5000.00 and say its for expenses.

You could also take him a Box of Marks and Spencer Chocolates, or biscuits, tell him you brought them from London.

Apart from that, there isnt much else you could do, you could also tip the registrar in the district registry as well.

Alan has alluded to the fact that money talks, and in the Philippines it certainly does that, Philippines money number ! - everything else is secondary to that.

Best of Luck Mick, let us know how it all goes.

andypaul
19th March 2008, 19:12
Hey Mick, how are you doing Pal ? good to see a solid 63 year old out in Phils doing the marriage thing, good for you, we older men will show em won't we mate.

63 is a good age mate, keep the British end up for us all here at FilipinoUK,
and as for your marriage paperwork, see if you can express fee your facsimile to NSO in Quezon City.

Try and offer a few pesos for a fixer to do the work for you, get your girl to find a fixer.

You might have to come home before your marriage contract on NSO Security paper is done.

But try and obtain a SECPA from the local NSO office in the provincial city where you are due to marry.

That normally suffices for the British Embassy, however you will still need your NSO Local marriage contract in full at a later date.

The way to avoid delays Mick is to prepare before your intended wedding day, when you visit the District registry ( your girl should know where this is) make sure the Judge who you are using is aware they need to expedite the paperwork quickly, you could speed up the process by inviting the presiding judge who officiates to be a guest at your wedding, also, you might want to consider tipping the Judge on top of his fee, by explaining your time constraints.

Also make sure the Judge is seated at your top table, and also, hand him a thank you envelope with say P2000.00 on top of his fee about P5000.00 and say its for expenses.

You could also take him a Box of Marks and Spencer Chocolates, or biscuits, tell him you brought them from London.

Apart from that, there isnt much else you could do, you could also tip the registrar in the district registry as well.

Alan has alluded to the fact that money talks, and in the Philippines it certainly does that, Philippines money number ! - everything else is secondary to that.

Best of Luck Mick, let us know how it all goes.

Well put

If your not comfortabe doing it best to let the Wife to be to deal with the speeding up process she will know the correct way and not tread on any toes. A whitey turning up and waving money around may work but it may also offend some and not have the desired affect.

Sconnie
20th March 2008, 09:57
Hi Mick,

I am also new to the site and coincidentally getting married on 8th. April

I take it you have your certificate of nil impediment already ?
You need this.