PDA

View Full Version : Got My Visa YAY!

Febbie
1st April 2008, 14:59
Hi people here, I just wanna say thank you for this site cos it helps me a lot. I was reading here before I applied for my visa and I got it approved today.
I think Im one of those lucky applicants for the visit visa that got approved without interview and I was really feeling negative before as I read a lot that it is very rare to approve a visit visa to someone who dosnt have work and property or big money to show but I still tried and I made it.

I just provide more documents from my boyfriend and my passport. I lodge my application last March 11 and I got it today without interview a visit visa for 6months.. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee..... Thanks guys this site is really a big help.

Now how can I get a cheap flights going to Birmingham I planned to stay there for 6months.. Hope guys you can give me some tips... And also what I need to bring with me aside from myself and my clothes? I might forgot something I am soo excited to be with my boyfriend and meet his family and see UK.

joebloggs
1st April 2008, 15:08
:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

well your one of a few to get one :D

sometimes its luck, sometimes bad luck, who knows with a VV

well done thou.. don't overstay thou, you could face a ban if you do:NoNo:

vbkelly
1st April 2008, 15:15
Hi people here, I just wanna say thank you for this site cos it helps me a lot. I was reading here before I applied for my visa and I got it approved today.
I think Im one of those lucky applicants for the visit visa that got approved without interview and I was really feeling negative before as I read a lot that it is very rare to approve a visit visa to someone who dosnt have work and property or big money to show but I still tried and I made it.

I just provide more documents from my boyfriend and my passport. I lodge my application last March 11 and I got it today without interview a visit visa for 6months.. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee..... Thanks guys this site is really a big help.

Now how can I get a cheap flights going to Birmingham I planned to stay there for 6months.. Hope guys you can give me some tips... And also what I need to bring with me aside from myself and my clothes? I might forgot something I am soo excited to be with my boyfriend and meet his family and see UK.

congrats febbie and welcome to UK

islander
1st April 2008, 15:31

CONGRATS Febbie!
Good Luck & have a safe trip!

KeithD
1st April 2008, 16:26
Birmingham :yikes: ......and you're celebrating!! :cwm24:

Eljohno
1st April 2008, 16:30
Just check your local Travel Agent for the best price for return Airline Prices as i have found booking in the past from the Philippines is much cheaper.

Otherwise i would say;

www.dialaflight.co.uk (http://www.dialaflight.co.uk)

www.airline-network.co.uk (http://www.airline-network.co.uk)

Febbie
1st April 2008, 16:40

Why tho? What is wrong in Birmingham? :(:NoNo:

alicat
1st April 2008, 16:42
congrats febbie...and have a safe trip.

alicat
1st April 2008, 16:42

:Erm::Erm::doh

scott&ligaya
1st April 2008, 17:49
Well done.:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::cwm12:

there are a few of us here who live in Birmingham, ignore the Boss he just wishes he was here!!!!. Generally the cheapest way here is Cebu Pacific to Hong Kong then Oasis from Hong Kong to London Gatwick with your boyfriend driving down to pick you up. There are numerous way however with various amounts of stop overs and always one mainline airline with a special offer so it depends if you can be flexible on dates and times. Remember you HAVE to book a return flight to get entry. If you have some dates in mind let me know and I will do the search for you(becoming an expert in this area), actually I have a great secretary who is also our company travel planner and she really knows her stuff.

When you get here your boyfriend can buy me a beer:):)

KeithD
1st April 2008, 18:47
......ignore the Boss ....

I thought everyone did anyway :Help1:

LadyJ
1st April 2008, 19:55

Well done to you! You are indeed lucky for getting the visit visa to visit your boyfriend. As Joebloggs said do not overstay, follow your visa's conditions or else you will get banned from coming to UK and you will lost the British Embassy's trust on you.

It's spring time here in UK, just like in Baguio not too cold not too hot. Return ticket is a must show at the immigration in any UK airports.

Goodluck and Welcome to the United Kingdom :Britain:

andypaul
1st April 2008, 19:59
Well done on gaining the Visa your coming just as the weather warms up and leaving just before it gets to c c cold.

I hope you enjoy your stay and stick around on the Site as the people on here can help you with lots of advice and it sounds like you can offer advice to others.

IainBusby
1st April 2008, 20:15

Hi Febbie,
I'd just like to say congratulations on being granted a visit visa and with regard to your flight to the UK, may I offer this advice.

The only 2 airlines that I know of that fly direct from Manila to Birmingham are KLM amd Emirates and I personally prefer to fly directly to Birmingham, because after such a long journey from the Philippines to the UK, I don't think that travelling to Heathrow or Gatwick to save a few pounds is worth the extra hassle. Once you've added on the extra cost of travelling on to Birmingham from Heathrow/Gatwick as well, then I think it's definately not worth it.

Cheers,

Iain.

andypaul
1st April 2008, 20:28
i think its correct Im sure Iain and our other midlanders may be able to confirm that your less likely to be asked for a medical xray. If entering by Birmingham airport.

Which checks for TB but also is a real anoynance as you can't leave the airport untill done it only is asked of you on your first vist of six months or over to the UK.

IainBusby
1st April 2008, 21:01
i think its correct Im sure Iain and our other midlanders may be able to confirm that your less likely to be asked for a medical xray. If entering by Birmingham airport.

Which checks for TB but also is a real anoynance as you can't leave the airport untill done it only is asked of you on your first vist of six months or over to the UK.

As far as I know, they still don't carry out TB checks and X-Rays on passengers arriving at Birmingham airport which is another plus for new arrivals from Phils, especially if Birmingham is their final destination anyway.

Iain.

andypaul
1st April 2008, 21:14
As far as I know, they still don't carry out TB checks and X-Rays on passengers arriving at Birmingham airport which is another plus for new arrivals from Phils, especially if Birmingham is their final destination anyway.

Iain.

Thankin you Sir:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tomoboyle2000
1st April 2008, 22:06
congrats febbie...and have a safe trip!

LEAHnew
2nd April 2008, 08:45
:Hellooo:Wow Congratulations Febbie:xxgrinning--00xx3:

5olidsnake
2nd April 2008, 10:43
yeah only KLM and emirates operate services from birmingham

come on boss whats wrong with brum except the accent:xxgrinning--00xx3:
KLM is the more expensive of the two,

if money is an issue then go oasishongkong (http://www.oasishongkong.com/hk/en/home.aspx)
but it true its a long trip so i would go direct to birmingham and save a 1/2 day round trip for your man and 4/5 hours for you (but you pinoys are used to a bit of traffic so no problem)

why my wife will use a bus to go from baclaran to monumento:Erm:, when there is a LRT direct but i guess that is filipina logic, sorry mahal ko

regards
martin

kimmi
2nd April 2008, 11:28
Congrats Febbie, hope u have a safe and happy trip..:)

aug06_2006
2nd April 2008, 13:58
Hi, Febbie! try to inquire Quatar Airlines.. Anyway, congrats and have a safe journey.

Sconnie
2nd April 2008, 14:51
Congratulations Feebie, I hope my girl has your good fortune after our wedding

Sconnie
2nd April 2008, 14:54
Feebie, Feebie, you will have to get used with our humour

mavid
2nd April 2008, 16:18
Well done Feebie! Congratulations!

Stuart888
2nd April 2008, 20:46
Congratulations!! we are applying for our spouse visa this month

kimmi
3rd April 2008, 12:26
Goodluck Stuart888 for ur wife's visa application..:)

lennen
3rd April 2008, 12:47
I am happy for you febbe ...CONGRATULATIONS !!!,I hope and pray i will be lucky too like you.I will apply visit visa by June this year .Now I am trying to get some information and advices...can you please give me some details of your documents?....it will be a great help for us (me and my fiance )...God bless...!!!

gadgets
3rd April 2008, 13:32
congrats Febbie!!! There's definitely nothing wrong abour birmingham, I lived here for the past 5 years. My wife will hopefully make the same journey as you in less than two months hopefully.

scott&ligaya
4th April 2008, 08:53
Hi Gadgets,
another resident of Birmingham!! my wife and baby arrive next weekend. I have already met one couple on here (incredibly the lady is from the town next to my wifes and is only one year yoinger). We should arrange a social in the summer!:):)

gervo92
4th April 2008, 16:45
Hi Febbie Congrats!! really you're one of the lucky few to be granted a vv, have a safe trip and i'm sure you will have a memorable stay in Birmingham with your boyfriend. If it will not be too much bother on your part can i have the list of the documents you submitted in the embassy? coz i've been refused with my application for a vv last year. Thanks and good luck to you and to your boyfriend.

jencha8569
12th April 2008, 18:02

hi febbie

congrats and best wishes
i myself is seeking too for visit visa and same as you i feeling negative reading
that VV are the most likely to be denied.
i need help
can you give me detailed thinsg or ways you go through to have a VV?
i badly needed help

thanks
best wishes

gracia143
12th April 2008, 19:54
Congratulations Feb and Welcome to the UK. Don't forget to take Efficacent Oil and Pau De Arco with you. You're not allowed to hand carry it but you can stuff it inside your check-in luggage. And lastly, enjoyyyyyy!!!