PDA

View Full Version : PNB cockup

Gavanddal
8th June 2008, 23:01
I rang the PNB in London last week and deposited P10,000 on the GFMC which my sister in law has to pay for expenses sorting out our house.
The transaction seemed to go through alright but my sister in law has to take a one hour cab/jeepney journey to Maasin to the nearest ATM and PNB branch to withdraw. When she tried to withdraw there was no money and the branch could see no deposit. I checked my online banking today and sure enough, no transfer to PNB!!
I'm really angry about this as I know how inconvenient it is for my sister in law to make a wasted journey.
I'll be on the phone tomorrow making a complaint. Anyone else had similar experiences?

andypaul
9th June 2008, 11:03
yes or should i say the Wife due to their mistakes wished to charge her. But soon backed down when she complained due to it being their fault.

Make sure you contact the customer service/remittance manager dont bother with the first line if you can help it nice and friendly but not trained well enough it appears to deal with problems and issues other than than basic banking.

Although the Wife uses them as convient due to knowing people in the local bank in her families town and many members of the family having accounts with them plus a decent exchange they are far from perfect from our experiences

They always say you judge a service provider by how it copes with complaints and they seem to have plenty of room for improvment it appears from the ratio of sucessful dealings to at first not sucessful dealings we have had since first using them.

Sangoma
9th June 2008, 11:16
I have just noticed they debited my account twice for the same transaction, it will be interesting to see how they sort it out, and how ling they take.

joebloggs
9th June 2008, 11:47
i've been using PNB Europe every month for nearly 5 years, and only once have I had a problem, which tooks days or nearly a week for them to sort out :cwm23:

i transfered £800 using online banking, from my bank to thier natwest account, and when the misses a few days later told me she had not got the money, i checked online that the money had left my bank, then phoned pnb, they told me they had never received it :Erm:, i told them it had left my bank account and must be in their natwest account, told me no it wasn't, so i contacted my bank who told me where the natwest branch was, i phoned them, but they wouldn't tell a 3rd party - me , if they had received the money :cwm23:

so back to pnb i went and asked them again, nope, not got the money, so i went to my bank and asked them to trace the money, i phoned pnb again telling them that my bank was going to do a trace, and a day later pnb phoned me to say they had the money :Erm: and they would transfer it that day, my misses phoned me the next day, and told me pnb had sent the money twice :D but a bit later they took half of it back :NoNo:..

then my bank phoned me saying did i still want to trace the money, most of the time i was put thru to the same guy, he wasn't filipino or english, i think he got the boot :action-smiley-081:

but still i would recommend them.. one problem out of nearly 60 transfers is not bad :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and i put it down to the idiot i had to speak to :doh

andypaul
9th June 2008, 11:59
i've been using PNB Europe every month for nearly 5 years, and only once have I had a problem, which tooks days or nearly a week for them to sort out :cwm23:

i transfered £800 using online banking, from my bank to thier natwest account, and when the misses a few days later told me she had not got the money, i checked online that the money had left my bank, then phoned pnb, they told me they had never received it :Erm:, i told them it had left my bank account and must be in their natwest account, told me no it wasn't, so i contacted my bank who told me where the natwest branch was, i phoned them, but they wouldn't tell a 3rd party - me , if they had received the money :cwm23:

so back to pnb i went and asked them again, nope, not got the money, so i went to my bank and asked them to trace the money, i phoned pnb again telling them that my bank was going to do a trace, and a day later pnb phoned me to say they had the money :Erm: and they would transfer it that day, my misses phoned me the next day, and told me pnb had sent the money twice :D but a bit later they took half of it back :NoNo:..

then my bank phoned me saying did i still want to trace the money, most of the time i was put thru to the same guy, he wasn't filipino or english, i think he got the boot :action-smiley-081:

but still i would recommend them.. one problem out of nearly 60 transfers is not bad :xxgrinning--00xx3:, and i put it down to the idiot i had to speak to :doh

One thing with your complaint i noticed that you had to take pretty drastic steps and threaten them with traces and alsorts until they suddenly found the money.

I remeber when at school I did my work experience in a local bank.

All the money in whatever form paid in and out that day had to be balanced up that day and then double checked. Otherwise no one left untill it did and that included me.

Surely a bank should keep tighter tabs on the money it has going in and out:Erm:

joebloggs
9th June 2008, 12:15
yes i checked that i had used the correct natwest account,

i was always put thru to the same guy thou, even when i asked for the manager, i think he was their IT guy..

either he blagged them into getting the job, and didn't have a clue what he was doing, or he was trying to pinch me cash :yikes:, well from what i remember they have sacked people in past or they have gone :cwm24:

well the money was for me misses to buy her airticket to sunny mancland, the only time you don't want a problem with a transfer, as when she bought her tickets, i would go and try and come back with her on the same flight :D

andypaul
9th June 2008, 17:15
The Wife has yet to speak to anyone who sounds "like they know what they are doing" when ringing up. The time i had to ring up on her behalf was like a farce. I wish i had recorded then when ever i felt low i could listen to the 6 + phone calls made and countless one i recieved i had to make while i was rediredcted incorrectly around the fairly small back office which appears to be the PNB bank in Victoria.

For a bank to have no idea where 800 pounds a few days after the event is hardly a good advert.

Did you recieve the intrest (it would be miniscule but its the princple that matters)

How about when they take out two transactions i hope sangoma it doesn't affect any other payments you need to make?

Gavanddal
9th June 2008, 22:44
The Wife has yet to speak to anyone who sounds "like they know what they are doing" when ringing up.
The person who dealt with my transaction last week didn't sound like she knew what she was doing or even that she could speak English.
The person I spoke to today when trying find out what happened and to put through the transaction again seemed much better and gave me the transaction number which I carefully wrote down. Let's hope it works this time. I would sign up for the online service but I've read on the forum what grief that can be.

andypaul
10th June 2008, 14:00
The person who dealt with my transaction last week didn't sound like she knew what she was doing or even that she could speak English.
The person I spoke to today when trying find out what happened and to put through the transaction again seemed much better and gave me the transaction number which I carefully wrote down. Let's hope it works this time. I would sign up for the online service but I've read on the forum what grief that can be.

I hope it gets sorted hopefully if people keep complaining the service will improve.:xxgrinning--00xx3: