PDA

View Full Version : What is your current status ?

ginapeterb
20th June 2008, 19:06
A survey of who is who at FilipinoUK and what is your current romantic status ?

I was just thinking about the status of members here at this forum, something occurred to me, I asked myself this question, how many here at this forum are actually on tours of duty in the Phils for 1st/2nd visits, or maybe 3rd/4th visits, marital trips, or just visiting, its amazing how many people are in different situations.

Have you ever thought about it ? don't always assume that everyone fits into the same pidgeon hole, for example, about 3 years ago, (stop laughing you lot, yes its actually 3 years ago, and more since I was on courtship duty to the Philippines)

I met this guy on Gulf Air, for those that know this route, its through Abu Dhabi, and on to Manila, well this Brit Guy and I ended up chatting, he was working for the Sultanate of Oman's armed Forces, ex RAF technician, and he told me, he does not live with the wife, she is in Philippines at the house they have made together, he works and lives as a single man in Oman, about 3 times a year he gets leave and goes back to see her and his son, she could never settle in UK, and when he was in Oman, it just seemed kind of no benefit, to be seperated.

So they came up witht his plan that she would live in Philippines, and he would commute, and live as a single man in single quarters, actually it kind of makes sense, if he can make money abroad, why not.

Well I thought about this guy , and wondered, how many are like this, or how many live apart, how many guys are now in UK living as single men, if there lady is in Phils.

I also thought about those ones who had recently got involved in Phils, were just in the courtship phase, and those who are waiting for anulments, or whose situations are complicated, maybe they can't get visa, or are on appeal, there are literally hundreds of different situations.

Maybe its your first time out to Philippines, your'e excited I can tell, maybe your laughing and saying, hmmmmm been 20 times, or even 40 times, nothing special about it, maybe you are just about to go back for that all important 2nd visit, to get engaged, or even married, its an exciting time I know, don't worry they only start telling to drop dead once they have indefinate leaeve to remain, and they only tell you to get your own dinner once they are naturalized as British, I know what your'e thinking, surely they don't change do they ?

Perhaps you can all reply one by one, and tell us your status, are you single/involved - single/engaged or married/seperated by distance, or married/living apart, and waiting for visa, etc, etc, its good to know who is who, and what is your story, maybe it seems forever that you have been waiting for your babae to come bouncing into the arrivals hall, as you pole vault into their arms, whatever your situation, you are guaranteed that someone else has been there first.

The Mrs and I met a couple last year in a restaraunt who came 30 years ago, so trust me, there is always someone who came before you, and remember, Internet back then was Aparnet, and that was run by U.S. Military advanced projects agency, so back then they had to meet the old fashioned way.

aposhark
20th June 2008, 19:18
Hi Pete,

Been to Phils many times over 15 years.
Never had a GF there before as I had GF in UK.
Going in a week to marry Rochelyn in July :cwm38:
Never met anyone as lovely, her laugh is enough to make me go weak at the knees :Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Happy Daze :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

ginapeterb
20th June 2008, 19:23
I am appy for you mate, as I said "They only tell you to get your own dinner at night, once they are naturalized" don't believe me...wait and see

aposhark
20th June 2008, 19:32
I am appy for you mate, as I said "They only tell you to get your own dinner at night, once they are naturalized" don't believe me...wait and see

Yeah :) I've been cooking for myself for years anyroad so just to see her everyday will be a real treat. There's always the wicromave :Rasp:

ginapeterb
20th June 2008, 22:49
well mate you are certainly excited about it, you enjoy yourself out in Phils and have a great time with your babae, I am sure you will have great stories to bring back for us, as I do not have a babae anymore hahaha, I will have to content myself with dried fish, stinking Thai fragrant rice, Datu Puti vinegar fume smells from her special meals, and boy does it stink stink stinky...but no doubt you will endure this later on...at your place.

Let us know how that goes.

lavander
21st June 2008, 03:40
hi peter,

nice topic before i start... though my experience and situation differs from the rest for sure but i hope after reading will not have any mood implication to anyone...

i am loveless at the moment, a year and a half ago i was engaged with a brit guy , i met him whilst he was on a training here at my place Singapore...
he visit me twice and the last time he proposed and of course i said YES..everything was in process to be settled,docs and everything to be submitted for fiance visa...but i think someone from above has diff plan for both of us.. a week before his 3rd flight here and a week before my bday... he was taken from me...'cardiac arrest while he was sleeping.....its a tragic experience for me...i was the last person he spoken to, i was the one who sense something is wrong with him...
i phone her sister who live in south wales to check him for me coz his not replying nor answering on my call which is not the usual him.... then everything when out of proportion....and then the rest is history...

i was in hell and devasted days,months and year of that., i was a loner during this period.....i prefer not to go out with friends coz i dont want to feel them sorry for me......what hurt the most is that i never managed to visit him on his wake and funeral...all his family want me to come but i prefer not to..it seems i cannot bear seeing him on that place....its just i cannot accept it that time...

then i slowly try to learn to let it go and move on..early of this year,,,i find my time reading a lot of things and browsing etc just to keep my mind busy..also the reason why i manage to discover this 'Great forum '...it gives me the feeling of reminicsing reading message and experience from member here what they going through with a brit guy relationship..i can relate to that in short.....

anyways....thats my share on this topic..pls. dont feel sorry for me..i am ok now and moving slowly better......visiting this forum is a therapy for me...:D

thanks for reading..and have a great weekend ahead...

lavander.. :)

aposhark
21st June 2008, 05:13
Dear lavander :)

That is such a sad story and I won't say that I understand your feelings because I cannot.
We all have to deal with bereavement, I have lost family members, and it is never easy, dear.
The only thing I know is that "time heals everything".
I think that when you are ready to make friends with another man, if that is what you want, that things will sort themselves out again.
My best wishes to you and I hope you find happiness again, whether with an British man, Pinoy or a man from another country :)

aposhark

Mrs.JMajor
21st June 2008, 07:23
Hi Lavander,

And hows Andy17 as being friend then...i hope he still around:)

Hi Mod,

Im gonna post my status soon,:Hellooo: but everything is fine under the sun :rolleyes:

Eljohno
21st June 2008, 09:29
Presently on holiday in the Philippines and this is my 5th time with my longest time i have stayed here on one trip was 7 months last year.

Although of course i love my wife like any marriage takes hard work sometimes especially when there are culture differences..

I always love to read about those members who are just starting their journey for the first time.

Shamrockdave2003
21st June 2008, 13:36
Before i launch into my own story, i would like to say to Lavander, i'm so sorry to hear your story all our thoughts are with you and i do hope that you find happiness soon.

God Bless

Well old Shamrockdave met his wife Maria Fe in November 2003

Basicallly it all started when my best friend (who works in KL) invited me out to visit him for a holiday.
He knows i love Scuba diving and asked me had i considered the Philippines, which i hadn't. He was going there for business so i accompanied him.
It was there that i met my future wife.

Anyway after i left in Dec03 we continued to keep in touch via email phone etc. I returned in April 04 and we really fell in Love. I'm waffling now :)
Jan 05 we had a baby daughter Angelina
Dec 06 i proposed
June 07 we got married!:)

Well now we had finally decided to go for the visa July 07 - i was expecting mum and daughter to be with me say Oct 07
Not to be :NoNo:
Aug 07 Maria Fe's mum passes away, obviously everything is now on hold for a bit,
Sept 07 my closest uncle dies, i fly back to Ireland for the funeral (i live in London) while i am back my father has a stroke, however he does recover and i come back to London.
Oct 07 My father passes away
So things have not been good since we married.
The next thing is it's xmas and we are looking at maybe Feb/March
Financially i was not in a good place, so now we have only just got sorted and applied for the settlement visa's 3 weeks ago.

So in short we are waiting, this is now the longest i have been away from them 12 months since i have seen them.:yikes:

I think when i pick them up from the airport i will just cry - assuming the get the visa

SD - SORRY FOR GOING ON A BIT

Sconnie
21st June 2008, 13:51
Met Vanessa on interrnet January 2007
First visit to Philippines September 2007
Vanessa visited me in Germany November 2007 we travelled back to philippines december 2007 spent Christmas and New Year with her family in the province (what a wonderful time)
April 2008 : 3rd. trip to Philippines Vanessa and I married on 8th. April.
Spouse visa application submitted on 22nd. May 2008 waiting now into 5th wee although it feels like months, looking forward to my wife joining me here in Newcastle.

sweet_cookie08
21st June 2008, 15:48
I'll answer here in behalf of my hubby.:D

I was sent off by my company to London on May 2006 for 2 months of training with our client. He is new to the company as well and we attended the same training. Since he was new there, he would always come with us (me and some filipino guys who are also undergoing training) for lunch. July 2006 when I went back to Manila and we kept in touch because I would still work with him (testing his work :D).. no communication for a month then after that, we kept in touch again. we would always chat, text, email.. then eventually we became gf-bf.

June 2007 - his first visit to the Philippines, we went to Bohol and thats where he proposed to me.

Dec 2007 - January 2008 - 2nd visit to Manila, stayed for 10days just to be with me and experience Philippines CHristmas and New Year.

Mar - April 2008 his 3rd visit here and we got married on APril 12. We went to Boracay and Palawan for our honeymoon.

He went back to the UK 6 days after our wedding.. :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Now, I'm still attending to my documents. Hoping I'll be able to complete all the needed docs next week so I could lodge it soon. Been apart for more than 2 months now.. :bigcry:

Shamrockdave2003
21st June 2008, 18:14
2 months!

Try 12 months darling :yikes:

andypaul
21st June 2008, 19:27
Before i launch into my own story, i would like to say to Lavander, i'm so sorry to hear your story all our thoughts are with you and i do hope that you find happiness soon.

God Bless

Basicallly it all started when my best friend (who works in KL) invited me out to visit him for a holiday.
He knows i love Scuba diving and asked me had i considered the Philippines, which i hadn't. He was going there for business so i accompanied him.

Anyway after i left in Dec03 we continued to keep in touch via email phone etc. I returned in April 04 and we really fell in Love. I'm waffling now :)
Dec 06 i proposed

Well now we had finally decided to go for the visa July 07 - i was expecting mum and daughter to be with me say Oct 07
Aug 07 Maria Fe's mum passes away, obviously everything is now on hold for a bit,
Sept 07 my closest uncle dies, i fly back to Ireland for the funeral (i live in London) while i am back my father has a stroke, however he does recover and i come back to London.
Financially i was not in a good place, so now we have only just got sorted and applied for the settlement visa's 3 weeks ago.

So in short we are waiting, this is now the longest i have been away from them 12 months since i have seen them.:yikes:

I think when i pick them up from the airport i will just cry - assuming the get the visa

Lordy what a story I have followed some of your trials and tribulations but never released so much had happened to you both.

I wish you speedy Sucess with the Visa because boy if a couple deserve it, its you two:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shamrockdave2003
21st June 2008, 22:29
Really appreciate that mate, thanks very much

SD

aposhark
21st June 2008, 23:56
Hi Shamrockdave :)
Sounds like you've been through a lot :rolleyes:
You will really enjoy re-uniting with your family, hopefully soon.
Your journey puts my short story into true perspective.
Thanks for sharing it with the forum, and all the best for the future :):)

lavander
22nd June 2008, 03:14
Hi Lavander,

And hows Andy17 as being friend then...i hope he still around:)

Dear jedc143,

Thanks for following me and andy17's 'friendship'...:)
andy17 is busy and has other priorities at the moment, sadly :( am not in the list...)
Its ok and i don't blame him on this... i give him the impression that am moving too fast for him...:Brick:

anyways..life must move on... :D

hmmm..i think i will be needing Kimmi's 'magic cheering' :omg: again this time hahahah...ooopss..just kidding..

lavander.

joebloggs
22nd June 2008, 07:28

God Bless

Dec 06 i proposed

very similar to my story.. so i know how you feel :cwm24:
but bad times don't last forever.. things will change for the good :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
22nd June 2008, 11:03
My current status is very much happily married with our 2nd wedding anniversary is coming up next week.

I was, I thought, a happy..... well, maybe a little lonely, but not unhappy, bachelor working hard as an IT Tech in the day and doing pub and club gigs at night and weekends, I had been single for about seven years. Then one Saturday night I played a gig for a Phil/Brit couple who had recently married in Phils and were having a party for all their friends in this country who couldn't attend the wedding.

There were lots of Phil/Brit couples there and the way the Filipina wives seemed to look after their husbands needs, their warm and friendly nature and after talking to some of the husbands later on, I sort of decided, only in a sort of light hearted way that I might check out the web and see if I might find someone that would be interested in me.

I must say that at first I was really taken aback by the interest that was shown, but I had already decided that unless I found someone really suitable, I wouldn't bother moving ahead with any relationship.

Eventually, after chatting to maybe 20 or more different Filipinas, I met Louella and we hit it off right from the start because she was so different from most of the others. She wasn't at all heavy about things, asking things like, "are you really seriously looking for a wife" like most of the others and mostly, we just had a real good laugh.

Well, after only a month of chatting, I decided I would visit her and I had known her only for about 7 weeks online when I flew off to Manila to meet her. When I got there, she was just everything I expected her to be and by the end of my 2 week stay there, I had decided I would marry her if she'd have me.

That was in November 2005 and I went back to Phils in June 2006 for a month and did just that. She applied for her visa shortly afterwards and it was granted towards the end of August that year. Louella eventually arrived in the UK at the end of September 2006 and we will apply for ILR in late August this year.

We then applied for a visa for Louella's daughter Mary Grace and visited Phils in August last year to bring her back to live in the UK with us. Because our passports are likely to be tied up with the ILR process and of course the £750 cost of ILR, we won't be able to visit Phils this year, but I will be looking forward to going again next year.

Iain.

andypaul
22nd June 2008, 12:44
My current status is very much happily married with our 2nd wedding anniversary is coming up next week.

I was, I thought, a happy..... well, maybe a little lonely, but not unhappy, bachelor working hard as an IT Tech in the day and doing pub and club gigs at night and weekends, I had been single for about seven years. Then one Saturday night I played a gig for a Phil/Brit couple who had recently married in Phils and were having a party for all their friends in this country who couldn't attend the wedding.

There were lots of Phil/Brit couples there and the way the Filipina wives seemed to look after their husbands needs, their warm and friendly nature and after talking to some of the husbands later on, I sort of decided, only in a sort of light hearted way that I might check out the web and see if I might find someone that would be interested in me.

I must say that at first I was really taken aback by the interest that was shown, but I had already decided that unless I found someone really suitable, I wouldn't bother moving ahead with any relationship.

Eventually, after chatting to maybe 20 or more different Filipinas, I met Louella and we hit it off right from the start because she was so different from most of the others. She wasn't at all heavy about things, asking things like, "are you really seriously looking for a wife" like most of the others and mostly, we just had a real good laugh.

Well, after only a month of chatting, I decided I would visit her and I had known her only for about 7 weeks online when I flew off to Manila to meet her. When I got there, she was just everything I expected her to be and by the end of my 2 week stay there, I had decided I would marry her if she'd have me.

That was in November 2005 and I went back to Phils in June 2006 for a month and did just that. She applied for her visa shortly afterwards and it was granted towards the end of August that year. Louella eventually arrived in the UK at the end of September 2006 and we will apply for ILR in late August this year.

We then applied for a visa for Louella's daughter Mary Grace and visited Phils in August last year to bring her back to live in the UK with us. Because our passports are likely to be tied up with the ILR process and of course the £750 cost of ILR, we won't be able to visit Phils this year, but I will be looking forward to going again next year.

Iain.

Lovely story Iain congrats on the 2nd anniversary to you and Louella:xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
22nd June 2008, 12:51
got married over 4 years now so far and so on me and hubby are so much happy to each other evryday our love goes deeper and deeper.back year sept 2003 when i text my cousin in luton shes a nurse,when i text her somebody repplied to me said im sorry im not your cousin then i was repplied are you sure your not my cousin, and he repplied back to me said anyway im daniel and me i know your name please,and i give my name and where i came from but he don't believe me bcoz the sounds of my name is not pilipino he think im from USA, bcoz he don't believed me he phoned the vodafone to asked the area code of 0063 lol and now he believed it.after 2months of texting he was gone then dec 23,2003 i bought a new sim card coz i wanted to changed my number at that time bcoz i was so busy at work i don't have time to phone my family and friends and christmas is coming i put back my old simcard dec.25 and i was surprised i got 3messeges from him saying sorry he stoped texting me he was opologised me then MAY 12,2003 HE WAS visited me for a week we wen't to bohol straight away to introduced him to my family MAY 22 when his back to Uk he propposed me over the phone lol and he invited me to came to uk to meet his family and friends the whole month of august i stayed with him then come to PI to process the wedding jan 21 2004 we got married and flew back here 2nd week of march 2004 and now im wishing to the new couples for their happiness and success for being married

islander
22nd June 2008, 13:58
this is our story... OUR LOVESTORY!

june 25, 2006 - FIRST MET ONLINE
november 2006 - FIRST VISIT
january 2007 - SECOND VISIT
november 2007 - THIRD VISIT, where he proposed
january 2008 - FOURTH VISIT, where we got wed in church on january 21,
2008 & had honeymoon in Thailand
april 2008 - FIFTH VISIT, where he accompanied me to manila to lodge in
my visa application
june 21, 2008 - GOT MY VISA, although it has been issued june 19, 2008
july 2008 - SIXTH VISIT, where he will pick me up
july 9, 2008 - scheduled flight for UK together with my hubby

aposhark
22nd June 2008, 14:05
very much happily married with our 2nd wedding anniversary is coming up next week.

A Nice story Iain & Louella :):)
Another happy couple.
Excellent :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
22nd June 2008, 14:10
Hi vbkelly :)

Isn't it nice how the right things work out in unusual ways :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Great story :)

Piamed
22nd June 2008, 16:22
Met online 30th August 2005 (Pia's birthday)
Met in person July 06 1st Meeting
Met in December 06 2nd Meeting
May 07 3rd Meeting Formal proposal in Thailand
August 07 4th Meeting
28th December 2007 Married in Surigao City Cathedral 5th Meeting
March 08 6th Meeting
July 08 Hope to go to escort my rib home after her visa is granted 7th Meeting

tomm
23rd June 2008, 00:07

Nice story... good luck for the future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
23rd June 2008, 12:07
hmmm..i think i will be needing Kimmi's 'magic cheering' :omg: again this time hahahah...ooopss..just kidding..

lavander.

dont worry sis, here i am..he he he

I'll gonna cheer for Andy..:icon_lol::Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Calling the attention of Andy17, ure needed here in the forum..:D:Hellooo::Hellooo:

telford
23rd June 2008, 15:40
i met my husband online oct,2005

feb 13,2006 he visit me to celebrate valentines together

april to june he vsit me again for the 2nd time and propose a marraige

sept we get married and i apply for my visa 1st wk of oct and oct.13 i fly to UK to with my fafa... then after couple of months of staying there,i get pregnant and decided to have my baby in Philippines... until now were still here :) enjoying each other and spending quaility time with our daughter 24/7...

be back there soon tho after my baby's 1st birthday!:)

steprose
24th June 2008, 05:04
Hi everyone,

I'm glad that I came across at this site because it's very informative and it helps a lot.

My name is Rose and my fiance's name is Steve. He's in the UK right now... we text, call and chat everyday.

I'm separated, but I haven't filed for my annulment yet coz as we all know it's bloody expensive and takes ages before you can get the papers done. So in short, we can't apply for fiancee visa. I've just applied for Sponsored visit visa on June 3, 07. It has been 3 weeks now and still waiting for the result. We're hoping that we will have the good result in a fews days.. (fingers crossed)

I met my fiance online on Aug 22, 06

1st visit - Jan. 11, 07, stayed for 3 weeks. 1 week in Manila, then we traveled in Davao, Agusan del Sur and Surigao City...

2nd visit - Oct. 13, 07, stayed for 3 months in my apartment with my two boys.

We traveled together in Macau on Oct. 15-20, 2007 in Macau, China for 54th Macau Grand Prix.

Thanks to all and God bless! :)

angel2008
24th June 2008, 06:19
hi everyone,

I met my husband in China Oct 2005 . I was a singer in a 5 star hotel and he was working as a Factory manager there. Lived together in China till January this year and February 15 got married here in Ph and now waiting for my spouse visa, we lodge june 12. Hoping I get it soon. Good luck to all those waiting for their visa.

aposhark
24th June 2008, 07:02
Interesting to see that some of us met our Mahals by a chance meeting in Phils or elsewhere.
The ones who did meet face-to-face should count our lucky stars that we were fortunate to do so.
It just means that our romances started earlier.

Not long for me and Rochelyn to meet in Cebu Airport! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
24th June 2008, 07:19
Not long for me and Rochelyn to meet in Cebu Airport! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

All the best, mate........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I would only suggest that on arrival you carry your own luggage, and kindly decline help from the porters...:D

aposhark
24th June 2008, 07:59
All the best, mate........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I would only suggest that on arrival you carry your own luggage, and kindly decline help from the porters...:D

Thanks for the idea Dom. :)
I've been working overseas for 22 years, I'm a bit of a sod at saving my money AND keeping my bags in MY hands :icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
24th June 2008, 09:04
....keeping my bags in MY hands :icon_lol::icon_lol:
Ball bags! :Erm: :cwm24:

cruisingkerry
24th June 2008, 09:43
Feb 2007 Bert and I met on the Sapphire Princess, I was a nurse he was the barman in the Officers Bar, spent 3 fantastic months together on board.

may 2007 I went home, Bert stayed on board.

June 2007 I went to QM2, Bert went back to Phils, regualr contact by telephone

Oct 2007 Met in Venice for 3 days when he joined the Emerald Princess

Nov 2007 I joined Emerald Princess, another amazing 3 months together, got engaged during this trip, were going to get married in March but I had to come home cos Mam wasn't well

Feb 2008 I went home to the UK,

May 2008 Visited Venice again for 3 days, stayed on board with Bert

June 2008 Visited venice again for 3 days, Bert left to go home to Phils

And thats that at the minute. I'm visiting the Phils in Sept but Bert goes back to sea on the 4th Aug so it'll be a visit with his mother and family - YIKES!
Hopefully he'll get on the Grand Princess which is in and out of Southampton so I'll be able to see him quite regularly, keep your fingers crossed for us.

Busy getting 2nd and 3rd jobs so I can save enough money up to have in the bank so we can get married when he comes home again and we can apply for a visa.

Good luck to everyone whos in a simialr position and thanks for the inspiration to all of you who have successfully, met, married and settled together.

K xx

ca143
24th June 2008, 10:26
my QUICK LOVE STORY.....................

Aug,06 met online after 6 hrs of knowing each other he ask me if ok with me we chat again next day.........
starting that time we spend 3 to 6 hrs everyday chatting
sharing story,jokes and laugh
Sept 30 he send me the email of his e-ticket
and he bought me a plane ticket as well going to manila to pick him up on airport.LOL
Dec met in real
we travel several places in phils
spend xmass and new year 2gether.
Jan 02,2007 he fly going back in cold UK
night time on JAN 01 he give me loads of paper
w/c i really wonder whats that for
coz i really dont knw what is our real status on that time.LOL
the big enveloped contain his b-cert,photo copy of his driving license,land tittle of his house,pays slip,bank statement,fiancee visa application form and of course paper from thise forum that helps my visa application very quickly.April 2007 i lodge my application after 3 weeks send back to me its because my payment is excess so i change the amount of my cheque then then sned back them again......After 2 weeks they send it back to me VISA approve no interview,Then JUNE 06,2007 fly went here hubby pick me up on airport that is our second meeting,we get married then feb thise year give BIRTH that is our baby on my avatar.LOL 4 mos old hehehehe

vbkelly
24th June 2008, 10:42
Hi vbkelly :)

Isn't it nice how the right things work out in unusual ways :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Great story :)

thats we called FAITH and DESTINY of LIFE

aposhark
24th June 2008, 12:37
Ball bags! :Erm: :cwm24:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

aposhark
24th June 2008, 12:49
Feb 2007 Bert and I met on the Sapphire Princess, I was a nurse he was the barman in the Officers Bar, spent 3 fantastic months together on board.

may 2007 I went home, Bert stayed on board.

June 2007 I went to QM2, Bert went back to Phils, regualr contact by telephone

Oct 2007 Met in Venice for 3 days when he joined the Emerald Princess

Nov 2007 I joined Emerald Princess, another amazing 3 months together, got engaged during this trip, were going to get married in March but I had to come home cos Mam wasn't well

Feb 2008 I went home to the UK,

May 2008 Visited Venice again for 3 days, stayed on board with Bert

June 2008 Visited venice again for 3 days, Bert left to go home to Phils

And thats that at the minute. I'm visiting the Phils in Sept but Bert goes back to sea on the 4th Aug so it'll be a visit with his mother and family - YIKES!
Hopefully he'll get on the Grand Princess which is in and out of Southampton so I'll be able to see him quite regularly, keep your fingers crossed for us.

Busy getting 2nd and 3rd jobs so I can save enough money up to have in the bank so we can get married when he comes home again and we can apply for a visa.

Good luck to everyone whos in a simialr position and thanks for the inspiration to all of you who have successfully, met, married and settled together.

K xx

Hi cruisingkerry :)
It is great to read your story.
It is also good to see a British lady on here. One who has fallen for the same Filipino charm that most of us have enjoyed.
You are cetainly in the minority on this forum for being female, but part of the "family" of Filipino UK'ers :xxgrinning--00xx3:
If your gentleman treats you with the same love and affection that the Filipinas lavish on us, you will be one happy woman :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Hope all goes well for you dear.
I am off to Phils to tie the knot soon, and can't wait.
The problem seems to be the wait for the spousal visa, and I am not looking forward to that at ALL :NoNo:
It is great to read of other's success after the arduous wait.
How NICE that must feel. :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Well, for us it is step by step to our goal of sharing every day with our special one. :Cuckoo:

jencha8569
24th June 2008, 21:30
hi all , thought you might be interested in hearing our love story lol
if not, tough luck you gonna hear it anyway hehe .

we met online in may 2007.we began chatting on messenger and sending each
other e-mails etc.
then we swapped phone numbers and love letters awww (cheesy i know lol).everyday we on webcam discussing life.
after a couple of months she had to go visit her sick aunt in manila for a while.we stayed in contact while she away .
when she got back home to TC we realised we had missed each other alot.

we knew we both had feelings for each other.our friendship had developed into the start
of a relationship.we fell in love with each other.(get the violins out lol)
we clicked together.
we could talk about anything.i knew i had to meet her face to face
in her hood in phils.

so after ten months of contact online i was on a plane flying
out to meet my love jen .(march 2008)
when i met her for first time i thought she just as beautiful person as i had known online.
luckily she thought same of me .
bingo lol we stayed together 24/7 for 3 unforgetable
best weeks of my life.we are made for each other. she so lovely and i couldnt imagine
being without her.

anyway had fantastic time in TC met her family and close friends who were so nice and made my visit welcoming.but time was up had to go back home boooo!
i felt like i had known jen all my life.now we had to plan our future together.
we want to be together and we love each other.
so something has to be done lol so we discussed everything and we gonna get married in phils in nov/dec this year.

then she will apply for spouse visa so she can be with me here in england by march
then start our rollercoaster of life together hehe.

chad

P.S. mahal kita jen.

Tish
29th June 2008, 10:03
Jan. 1990 arrived in UK
1991 Our son Jack was born
1995 Our daughter Mel was born
1999 Our daughter Chloe was born
At present - still together and happy
:Sex::xxcheeky-smiley-013:love: